Visio 2003 Advanced
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
In this course, you will expand on the knowledge you gained in the Visio 2003 Professional: Level 1 course. You will work with many advanced features, including using the drawing tools, creating and working with custom stencils and templates, and sharing your Visio drawings with other applications.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Open and manipulate toolbars and stencil windows in the work area.
- Change background settings to enhance specific drawings.
- Use the drawing tools and Operation command features to create new custom shapes.
- Integrate both simple and complex custom shapes in a drawing.
- Create new masters in a stencil and edit masters.
- Use the Document stencil to quickly take inventory of all the shapes used in a drawing.
- Create a new custom template and use it to quickly create a drawing.
- Create and use styles to quickly format multiple shapes in a drawing.
- Use layers to organize and control shapes in a drawing.
- Link a Visio drawing within a Microsoft Word document and update any changes.
- Link shapes in a drawing to information contained in an external database.
- Convert a drawing to a Web page.
- Use several techniques for preparing a drawing for printing.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Customizing Visio (2 topics)
- Working with Toolbars
- Working with Windows
Using the Drawing Tools (3 topics)
- Drawing Basics
- Advanced Drawing Techniques
Custom Shapes (2 topics)
- Using Custom Shapes
- Using Custom Shapes in a Drawing
Advanced Stencil Techniques (3 topics)
- Custom Stencils
- Customizing Stencil Masters
- The Document Stencil
Templates, Styles, and Layers (3 topics)
- Working with Templates
- Formatting and Linking Shapes
Sharing Your Work (4 topics)
- Object Linking and Embedding
- Working with External Data
- Creating HTML Documents
- Printing Techniques
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .