M80016: Financials I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This three day course explores the basic financial functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Students learn how to set up the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Bank Modules of Microsoft Dynamics AX, as well as how to create transactions. Labs encompassing the topics covered allow the students hands on practice in setting up financials in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Students completing this course should acquire a good basic understanding of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Bank Modules.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for individuals who are on the implementation team, administering or using the financial management modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX. This audience typically includes individuals who are tasked with assessing a customers business needs and advising them on the use, configuration and customization of the application. Additionally, individuals responsible for training or supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX benefit from this course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
General Ledger Setup (1 topic)
- This chapter explains the setup of the General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics AX. It shows how to setup a company currency, additional currencies and exchange rates. It also explains how to create periods, a new fiscal year, dimension value, and a dimension focus.
Chart of Accounts (1 topic)
- This chapter explains the setup of the Chart of Accounts. It also shows how to create and set up account allocation terms, system account, and view inquires and reports about the Chart of Accounts.
Journal Setup (1 topic)
- This chapter explains the Journal setup. It shows how to create and work with journal names, journal controls, journal texts, and how to set up balance control accounts, and General Ledger parameters.
General Ledger Daily Procedures (1 topic)
- This chapter explains the transactions entered in the General Ledger. It shows how to create general journals, enter and post General Ledger journal transactions, post multiple journals, create approval journals, period journals, and retrieve period journals. It also explains General Ledger transaction reversal and the inquiry and reports about General Ledger journal transactions.
Sales Tax Setup (1 topic)
- This chapter explains the sales tax set up. It also explains how to set up the different components of sales tax, and sales tax exempt data, and how to calculate and post withholding sales tax.
Sales Tax Reports (1 topic)
- This chapter explains how to create and print sales tax reports available in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Bank Management Setup (1 topic)
- This chapter explains the setup of the Bank module in Microsoft Dynamics AX. Logically, a bank account is needed before creating a check to pay an invoice. This chapter explains how to setup bank transaction types and transaction groups, bank groups, and bank parameters. It also explains how to create a bank account, and defines the check layout for a bank account.
Before attending this course, students must have: - Basic knowledge of accounting principles. - An understanding on how to navigate within Microsoft Dynamics AX. - In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed: - The Microsoft Dynamics AX Introduction course
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M80020: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
This 2-day course explores the basic functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.Scheduled Online Onsite