Present with Impact
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Your presentation skills are just as important, if not more important, than the information you are presenting – 'The medium is the message', as Marshall McLuhan, the Canadian philosopher, once said – and, in a presentation, you are the medium!
There are all sort of occasions when you might need to deliver a presentation, whether it’s to launch a product, lead change, persuade your colleagues of your new idea, give a project update, etc. Most managers and specialists need to give presentations at some stage or other.
Yet, there are few things less inspiring than a dull presentation, and poor presenting skills can prevent your message getting across. You are the pivotal factor in delivering a powerful message. You can bring any topic to life as a skilled presenter, communicating, influencing, persuading and engaging people to get what you need.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- How do I manage my nerves?
- How do I deal with challenging people?
- How do I make my presentation memorable?
- How do I deliver a clear and concise message?
- How do I structure presentations to maximum effect?
This workshop uses proven methods to help you engage your audience to buy, work or follow. There’s lots of opportunity to practice, with every delegate delivering two ten minute presentations plus shorter ones. You’ll also get lots of feedback from the trainer and your fellow delegates, as well as being able to take away videos of your presentations to view later.
Delegate numbers are limited to 8 to ensure everyone has enough practice time and individual feedback.
All of our trainers are experts in their field and have many years' experience in delivering and training excellent presentation skills.
Even the greatest presenters had to learn their craft - your journey begins here!
On completion, delegates will be able to:
- Use simple techniques to cope with nerves
- Engage and adapt to different audiences
- Use powerful visual aids
- Achieve your aim
- Tackle difficult questions
- Plan, prepare and present with impact
This course is aimed at those new to presenting or those who have presented before who would like to brush up their presentation skills, for example to:
- Make sales or client presentations
- Pitch ideas to colleagues and stakeholders
- Make boardroom presentations
- Present to staff and colleagues
- Give conference and roadshow presentations
- Give keynote speeches
- Talk to the public or the media
Day One (5 topics)
- Videoed introductory presentations
- Using body language and voice in your presentation
- The eye-brain control technique and second presentation
- Structuring presentations
- First 10 minute practice presentation and feedback
Day Two (5 topics)
- Tailoring your presentation to your audience
- Visual and sensory aids
- Handling presentation questions
- Dealing with challenging audience members
- Second 10 minute practice presentation and feedback
You'll be asked to bring along two prepared presentations - one business and one personal, using any format you wish. Both presentations must be no more than 10 minutes long. If using an electronic format, you should, ideally, bring their own equipment, e.g. a laptop, or your presentations on a memory stick. A projector will be provided.