M8331: Microsoft Business Solutions - Axapta 3.0 Financial Series II
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Business Solutions Training Courses.
Budgeting (1 topic)
- The purpose of this chapter is to introduce the students to the budgeting functionality within Microsoft Axapta. Microsoft Axapta uses a budget model/submodel setup and students learn how to set each of these up. Students are also shown how to use allocation keys to budget seasonally and how to make adjustments to the budgets.
Cash Flow Management (1 topic)
- This chapter focuses on the cash flow functionality in Microsoft Axapta. Every company needs to know how much cash they have available at any given time. Students learn how the modules interrelate to generate cash flow numbers. They also learn the steps involved in setting up cash flow forecasting as well as how to inquire and report on the cash flow transactions.
Multi-Currency (1 topic)
- This chapter focuses on the multi-currency capabilities of Microsoft Axapta. Microsoft Axapta has the ability to work with multiple currencies. You can set up the General Ledger module to have two different currencies for the ledger, a default currency used for reporting and a secondary currency also used for reporting. Students learn how to set up multi-currency as well as the different options available such as the currency converter and how to run exchange rate adjustments.
Advanced Payments (1 topic)
- This chapter is dedicated to the processing and setup of advanced customer and vendor payments in Microsoft Axapta. These advanced payments include bridging accounts, electronic payments, bills of exchange, and prepayments. The students also learn several of the options available when setting up a method of payment.
Audit Trail (1 topic)
- This chapter focuses on the Audit Trail functionality within Microsoft Axapta. When auditors are reviewing transactions they want to see the overall activity rather than individual transactions. The Audit Trail allows you to view who created a transaction and at what time the transaction was entered.
Intercompany Accounting (1 topic)
- The focus of this chapter is the intercompany accounting functionality in Microsoft Axapta. Since Microsoft Axapta companies reside in the same database, intercompany functionality requires limited set up. Students learn the necessary steps involved in the setup as well as how to create journal transactions that affect more than one company's ledger.
Consolidated Accounting (1 topic)
- The purpose of this chapter is to cover the steps involved in setting up consolidated accounting in Microsoft Axapta. Consolidations can be performed on Microsoft Axapta companies that reside on the same database or separate databases. The steps involved to perform each of these types of consolidations are discussed here. Students learn how to inquire on consolidations as well as how to remove consolidation history.
Financial Statements (1 topic)
- This chapter focuses on financial statements in Microsoft Axapta. Financial statements are an important part of decision making for any organization and Microsoft Axapta not only has predefined statements available but users can create their own financial statement columns and rows. Students learn how to create customized financial statement formats as well as how to access those reports.
Before attending this course, students must have: - Basic knowledge of accounting principles. - An understanding on how to navigate within Microsoft Axapta. - In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that students have completed: Course 8330, Financial Series I – Microsoft Business Solutions - Axapta