Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 - Operator
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Office System Training Courses.
A MOM overview (4 topics)
- Management groups, management servers, managed computers, and management packs - definitions of MOM components
- How MOM components fit together
- The different MOM consoles
- MOM security restrictions.
Monitoring Servers with MOM (6 topics)
- How MOM evaluates server health.
- Meanings of the different health states.
- State and Diagram views.
- Performance monitoring.
- How MOM heatbeating actually works.
- Customising the Operators console.
Diagnosing and Resolving alerts with MOM (4 topics)
- Alerts and events.
- MOM notifications.
- Maintaining the MOM knowledge base.
- Using MOM tasks for diagnostics and to resolve problems.
MOM Reporting (2 topics)
- How the System Center Data Warehouse is populated.
- Running standard MOM reports.
Previous experience in supporting Windows server systems, using the Event logs, and the performance console is expected. It is not suitable for the MOM Architects, or staff resonsible for the day to day maintenance of MOM itself. They would be better suited by attending the MS2287 and QAMOM05ADM, Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 - Advanced Administration.