Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 - Advanced Administration
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Office System Training Courses.
A MOM overview (4 topics)
- Management groups, management servers, managed computers, and management packs - definitions of MOM components
- How MOM components fit together
- The different MOM consoles
- MOM security restrictions.
Managing Management Packs (6 topics)
- The components that make up a management pack
- An investigation of the AD and Exchange management packs
- Customising a vendor-based management pack
- Importing/Exporting MPs
- Checking MP versions
- MP2XML, MPDiff and MP Studio.
Creating Management Packs in Detail (2 topics)
- Computer Attributes and Computer Groups
- Rule groups, NT Event Log providers, Perfmon providers, WMI event providers, WMI numeric providers, application log providers.
Scripting MOM (4 topics)
- The Script.Context object
- Generating events, raising alerts and gathering performance/informational data via script
- Getting data into MOM scripts via parameters
- Scripting sythentic transactions.
The System Center Data Warehouse (3 topics)
- How the data transfer and grooming jobs actually work
- Setting the data retention times in the SCDW
- Running reports, Creating custom reports with Visual Studio.
Appendix MOM and SNMP (3 topics)
- Sending SNMP traps via MOM responses
- Receiving SNMP input into MOM
- Using the WMI SNMP provider to send selective SNMP traps.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M2287: Managing Your Infrastructure Using MS Operations Manager 2005
Install, configure, secure, maintain, and troubleshoot MOM with training course M2287: Managing Your Infrastructure Using MS Operations Manager 2005Scheduled Online Onsite