Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) 2005 - Advanced Administration
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Office 365 Training Courses.
A MOM overview (4 topics)
- Management groups, management servers, managed computers, and management packs - definitions of MOM components
- How MOM components fit together
- The different MOM consoles
- MOM security restrictions.
Managing Management Packs (6 topics)
- The components that make up a management pack
- An investigation of the AD and Exchange management packs
- Customising a vendor-based management pack
- Importing/Exporting MPs
- Checking MP versions
- MP2XML, MPDiff and MP Studio.
Creating Management Packs in Detail (2 topics)
- Computer Attributes and Computer Groups
- Rule groups, NT Event Log providers, Perfmon providers, WMI event providers, WMI numeric providers, application log providers.
Scripting MOM (4 topics)
- The Script.Context object
- Generating events, raising alerts and gathering performance/informational data via script
- Getting data into MOM scripts via parameters
- Scripting sythentic transactions.
The System Center Data Warehouse (3 topics)
- How the data transfer and grooming jobs actually work
- Setting the data retention times in the SCDW
- Running reports, Creating custom reports with Visual Studio.
Appendix MOM and SNMP (3 topics)
- Sending SNMP traps via MOM responses
- Receiving SNMP input into MOM
- Using the WMI SNMP provider to send selective SNMP traps.