Multi-vendor UNIX Administration
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Unix Training Courses.
Course Topics (12 topics)
- Use responsibly the privileges of UNIX administrative user, the 'superuser'
- Identify system requirements and software installation issues
- Make effective use of system logs and diagnostic tools
- Analyse hard disk partitioning/slicing and creating file systems
- Alter and customise the start-up sequence of a UNIX system
- Manage the UNIX file system, file and directory attributes
- Add and delete users whilst implementing the security principles and techniques
- Back up and restore portions of the file system using various tools and methods
- Set up and administer the UNIX printing service
- Set up file sharing among systems using NFS and use common TCP/IP utilities
- Create automated task scheduling
- Perform simple system diagnostics
Delegates must be experienced UNIX users – the course is aimed at prospective UNIX systems administrators, network administrators and support staff Delegates should have an existing knowledge of a UNIX editors, file manipulation, data handling and have familiarity with shell scripting with, ideally, several months practical experience of working in a UNIX environment Note that existing course: “Multi-Vendor UNIX Fundamentals” (MVUXFUND) provides the correct level of theoretical pre-requisites
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Multi-vendor Unix Fundamentals
The Unix Fundamentals training course teaches students how to use the basic facilities of a Unix system and is applicable to all UNIX variantsClassroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online