Project Planning and Control Foundation and Practitioner
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This five day event introduce delegates to effective project planning and control. Effective planning and control requires an understanding of a clear project definition, supported by a robust approach to planning the project. This, in turn requires the selection and use of appropriate scheduling techniques which are supported by rigorous monitoring for effective proactive control. A sound basis for effective record keeping will facilitate the understanding of lessons learned which supports continuous improvement, thus adding value to organisational aspirations and objectives. As a Practitioner, delegates will demonstrate their ability to interpret and apply the Foundation topics to various project scenarios.
All relevant course materials are provided, which includes the APM Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control Manual and the APMG Project Planning & Control Foundation Examination.
The course uses QA's unique multimedia case-studies and accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of learning points. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities each evening. The evening work is aimed at helping effective preparation for the examination.
Delegates will learn and understand:
- The approaches and application of products used to gain a clear definition of a project
- The approaches and application of techniques used to plan and close a project
- The selection and application of appropriate scheduling techniques
- The practices used and applied for rigorous monitoring to enable proactive control of the project
- The basis for and application of good record keeping, which also facilitates the virtuous feedback and learning cycle.
Key exam information:
- 40 minutes long
- Closed book
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 50% pass mark
- 3 hours duration, no additional reading time provided for.
- Open book - only the APM Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control book permitted
- 8 questions, with 10 marks available for each question, in the examination paper
- 50% pass mark
Throughout the Project Planning and Control course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the exam.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (4 topics)
- DEFINITION (DE)
- PLANNING (PL)
- SCHEDULING (SC)
- MONITOR AND CONTROL (MC)
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience and understanding of basic planning principles and terminology.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.