iSeries Advanced System Operator for System i
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Course is designed to enhance the skills of an iSeries system operator and develop additional skills in the areas of work management, CL Programming and menu creation. It is is designed for those individuals who are resonsible for operating and managing the operation of an iSeries Server.
On completion you will be able to:
- Secure specific objects
- Describe how the system manages storage
- Create a basic CL program
- Create menus using the Screen Design Aid (SDA)
- Describe the features and capabilities of Management Central
- Makes changes to the system that simplify operations
- Describe the backup, availability and recovery capabilities available on the iSeries.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Content (9 topics)
- Introduction and a brief review of the System Operators Workshop (AS24BGB)
- Resource Security
- Work Management and Performance
- Introduction to PDM and SEU
- Menu creation using the Screen Design Aid
- Tips for Improved Operation
- Management Central
- Backup, Availability and Recovery
- Problem Determination
You should be able to: Perform Basic system operations Describe an interactive job and a Batch job Use Help Facilities Describe basic security concepts Monitor Devices Initial Problem determination.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
A 3-day course for system operators to develop the basic skills needed for day-to-day operations of the iSeries/i5.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online