Microsoft Word 2016 / 365 Level 1
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
In this course, you'll learn how to use Word 2016 / 365 to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents.
These days, most people take electronic word-processing for granted and we expect to use a computer to create the majority of our documents. Microsoft Word 2016 / 365 is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional looking documents.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customising list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colours, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout. Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
This course is intended for delegates who want to learn the fundamentals skills of working with Microsoft Word 2016 / 365, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Word 2016 or 365 subscription editions. If you're attending a public scheduled course, the course will be delivered on Microsoft Word 2016.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Getting Started with Word (6 topics)
- Topic A: Navigate in Microsoft Word
- Topic B: Create and Save Word Documents
- Topic C: Manage Your Workspace
- Topic D: Edit Documents
- Topic E: Preview and Print Documents
- Topic F: Customise the Word Environment
Formatting Text and Paragraphs (5 topics)
- Topic A: Apply Character Formatting
- Topic B: Control Paragraph Layout
- Topic C: Align Text Using Tabs
- Topic D: Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Topic E: Apply Borders and Shading
Working More Efficiently (3 topics)
- Topic A: Make Repetitive Edits
- Topic B: Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Topic C: Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Managing Lists (2 topics)
- Topic A: Sort a List
- Topic B: Format a List
Adding Tables (4 topics)
- Topic A: Insert a Table
- Topic B: Modify a Table
- Topic C: Format a Table
- Topic D: Convert Text to a Table
Inserting Graphic Objects (2 topics)
- Topic A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic B: Add Images to a Document
Controlling Page Appearance (4 topics)
- Topic A: Apply a Page Border and Colour
- Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
- Topic C: Control Page Layout
- Topic D: Add a Watermark
Preparing to Publish a Document (4 topics)
- Topic A: Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Topic B: Use Research Tools
- Topic C: Check Accessibility
- Topic D: Save a Document to Other Formats
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows files and folders
- Work with Windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
- These skills can be gained by attending one of our PC Fundamentals courses.