M2289: Deploying Business Desktops with Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2003
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This three-day instructor-led course will teach students how to quickly deploy Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Office 2003 Editions, as well as other business and third-party applications, to computers across an organization by using the guidelines provided by the Microsoft Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) Standard Edition.
This course is intended for consultants who focus on medium-sized to large-sized businesses (250 to 5,000 PCs). The audience consists of IT Professionals who plan, build, and deploy desktops.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Business Desktop Deployment (1 topic)
- In this module, students will learn about the usage and purpose of the Microsoft Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) Standard Edition, the Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) model and how it relates to BDD, and the components of BDD Standard Edition.
Identifying and Resolving Application Compatibility Issues (1 topic)
- In this module, students will learn how to identify and prioritize the applications in use throughout an organization, plan an application compatibility testing strategy, identify and resolve application compatibility issues, develop and test solutions, and package them for deployment.
Migrating User Documents and Settings (1 topic)
- In this module, students will learn about the user state migration process, how to plan user state migration, how to migrate user documents and settings by using the User State Migration Tool (USMT), and how to customize USMT control files and integrate those control files into a BDD disk image
Configuring Security (1 topic)
- In this module, students will learn how to configure security on a BDD disk image. This module does not treat security comprehensively, as it only addresses issues specific to the disk image. However, this module briefly describes other tools and technologies that Microsoft provides for securing the desktop.
Packaging Core Applications and Office 2003 (1 topic)
- In this module, students will learn how to prepare and customize core applications, including Office 2003, for deployment as part of a BDD disk image.
Packaging Supplemental Applications (1 topic)
- In this module, students will learn how to package supplemental applications for installation after disk-image deployment. Methods include scripting and repackaging.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M2277: Implementing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
A 5-day Training Course on M2277: Implementing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure; prepares for MCSA/MCSE exam 70-291Scheduled Online Onsite