M8530: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and implement the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack. This course addresses the components involved in planning a data migration project, the installation of the Data Migration Pack, preparing Microsoft CRM for data migration, components of the Data Migration Pack, initialization and structure of the CDF database, loading source data into the CDF database, cleansing the data, and then migrating the data into Microsoft CRM.
The course reviews the migration tools contained within the Data Migration Framework for migrating data:
- CDF Initialization Wizard
- CDF Data Mapping Wizard
- CDF Migration Wizard
The course also examines the planning tools included in the Data Migration Pack that drive the data migration planning process. These include:
- Detailed Data Planning spreadsheet for mapping source data schema to Microsoft CRM
- Source Data Assessment spreadsheet for documenting overview information for the source data
- Data Mapping spreadsheets with predefined mappings for ACT!, Goldmine, and Siebel databases.
This course does not include materials or instructor discussion of Microsoft CRM Integration for Great Plains.
Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration training is recommended for people who plan to install, implement, configure, consult, or support Microsoft CRM 3.0. The class is targeted toward administrators, implementers, developers, and consultants who need to understand how to use the Data Migration Pack for migrating source application data into Microsoft CRM. The course is not intended for non-technical staff.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Planning a Data Migration Project (7 topics)
- Overview of the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack
- Data migration methods
- Supported methods of migrating data into Microsoft CRM
- Necessary skills for managing data migration projects
- Management challenges
- Success factors
- Planning steps
Installing the Data Migration Pack (5 topics)
- Installation scenarios
- Installing the Data Migration Pack
- Data Migration Framework tools
- Preparing Microsoft CRM for data migration
- Preparing Business Contact Manager for data migration
Loading Source Data into the CDF Database (7 topics)
- CDF Database Overview
- CDF Database Structure
- How to load data into the CDF Database
- Initializing the CDF Database
- Data that can migrate into Microsoft CRM
- How specific data types are migrated
- Maintaining data relationships
Cleansing Data in the CDF Database (5 topics)
- Introduction to Data Cleansing
- Manual data cleansing tasks
- Data cleansing and the CDF Data Mapping Wizard
- Merge duplicates and associate data
- Cleansing Integrated or Manually Entered data
Before attending this course, students must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003, or Windows XP, and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or 2005. Students should also be proficient in installing, configuring, and customizing Microsoft CRM 3.0.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
M8525: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Customization
Training course M8525: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Customization focuses on using CRM 3.0 Customization tools and the CRM 3.0 Client Programming Guide.
M8526: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration
Planning to install, implement, configure, consult, or support CRM 3.0? Take training course M8526: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration