M8526: Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure Microsoft® CRM 3.0. The course explores the components used within a Microsoft CRM deployment, the hardware and software requirements needed to successfully deploy Microsoft CRM, and the installation instructions for the three primary Microsoft CRM components: the Microsoft CRM Server, the Exchange E-Mail Router, and the Microsoft Office for Outlook Client.
Configuration topics include business management functions such as setting up:
- Business units
- Security privileges and roles
- Database maintenance
- XML importing and exporting utilities
- Web configuration options.
The course also examines the following administrative tasks:
- Configure a Microsoft CRM server to use a new SQL Server
- Redeploy an existing Microsoft CRM installation to a new deployment
- Upgrade a Microsoft CRM 1.2 deployment to Microsoft CRM 3.0
- Uninstall and Repair Microsoft CRM 3.0
This course does not include materials or instructor discussion of Microsoft CRM Workflow Configuration, Customization, or Back Office Integration.
Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation and Configuration training is recommended for people who plan to install, implement, configure, consult, or support Microsoft CRM 3.0. The class is targeted toward administrators, implementers, developers, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects and administrative functionality of Microsoft CRM. The course is not intended for non-technical staff.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Microsoft CRM Components (8 topics)
- Understanding the Microsoft CRM Components
- Microsoft CRM Server
- Microsoft CRM Clients
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 or 2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or 2005
- SQL Reporting Services 2000 or 2005
- Active Directory
- Internet Information Services
Planning Your Microsoft CRM Installation (8 topics)
- Planning your Microsoft CRM Deployment
- Hardware Requirements
- Software Requirements
- Supported Active Directory Configurations
- Support SQL Server Configurations
- Supported Microsoft Exchange Configurations
- Microsoft CRM 3.0 Licensing Model
- Staff Skills Review
Microsoft CRM Server (5 topics)
- Microsoft CRM Server Key Features
- Microsoft CRM Server Pre-Installation Checklist
- Microsoft CRM Server Installation
- Microsoft CRM Server Post-Installation Review
- Microsoft CRM 3.0 Sample Databases
Microsoft CRM Exchange E-mail Router (5 topics)
- Microsoft CRM Exchange E-mail Router Key Features
- Microsoft CRM Exchange E-mail Router Pre-Installation Checklist
- Microsoft CRM Exchange E-mail Router Installation
- Microsoft CRM Exchange E-mail Router Post-Installation Review
- Microsoft CRM E-mail Queues
Before attending this course, students must have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows Server 2000, 2003, or Windows XP, Microsoft® Exchange 2000 or 2003, Microsoft® SQL Server® 2000, Microsoft® Outlook, Active Directory, and Internet Information Services.