Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Most of us gain much of our learning from ‘doing’. Reflective practice is a way of putting a structure to our experience, ensuring that we maximise our learning and continually improve.
It’s a key development tool in many professions, including IT, health, social work and education, and is now being increasingly used in sectors such as, engineering and manufacturing as organisations recognise the benefits for professional development, innovation and problem solving.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- How can I ensure that I learn from my experiences?
- How can I ensure continuous professional development?
- How can I continually enhance and develop my, and my team’s performance?
- How do I run an action learning set?
- How can we share and develop best practice at work?
A recent report highlights the increasing importance of reflective practice in the ‘post-truth’ world, where ‘fake news’ and ‘filter bubbles’ often make it difficult to separate truth from fiction. Reflective practice helps ensure an evidence-based approach and so-called ‘epistemic cognition’ – encouraging managers, leaders, specialists and others to question assumptions and ‘the way we do things around here’.
Reflective practice, in its most basic form, is just learning from experience – taking what happens to you in work and life, and reflecting on what works and what could be improved.
Reflective practice has great benefits both inside and outside the workplace, helping develop careers, hobbies, and life skills such as relationships and parenting. Though reflective practice is a key skill for many professionals, it does not always come naturally and needs to be learned and developed in order to be truly effective.
This course will help you develop your individual and group reflective practice skills.
You will learn how to:
- Define what is meant by ‘reflective practice’
- Recognise the key drivers for reflective practice on individual, team, professional and organisational levels
- Identify the underlying principles and tools for personal and group reflective practice
- Apply reflective practice tools to work-based problems
- Create a personal action plan for implementing reflective practice in your work
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to develop their individual and/or group reflective practice skills, for example to:
- Learn from experience
- Generate ‘lessons learned’ from projects and initiatives
- Improve team problem solving and mutual learning
- Develop best practice at an individual and team level
- Improve evidence-based decision making
- Increase innovation and avoid ‘group think’
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (6 topics)
- What is 'reflective practice'?
- Drivers and benefits of reflective practice
- Tools and skills for personal and group reflective practice
- Applying reflective practice individually and in groups
- Overcoming barriers to reflective practice
- Personal action planning
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.