M8366: Navision V4.0 Business Notification
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The course is designed for employees of Microsoft Business Solutions Partners who will work with Business Notification. Target trainees can be divided into three groups: MBS partner consultants, MBS partner customization developers, and MBS partner salespeople.
Please note: This course concentrates on the software features and functionality of Microsoft Navision related to Business Notification. It is not intended to teach consultancy of Business Processes or the planning and decision making steps required during an industry deployment of Microsoft Navision
After completing this course, students will have obtained:
- An overview of Business Notification
- Ability to set up and Run Business Notification in Microsoft Navision
- Working practice with Business Notification Manager
- Ability to set up Business Notification Manager
- Apply the concept of End-User Subscription
- Ability to install and administer Business Notification
- Knowledge about Business Notification Advanced – Development and Customization.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of Business Notification (6 topics)
- Identify the business needs that Business Notification provides a solution for.
- Describe the way the solution works.
- Explain the benefits of Business Notification.
- Define the main concepts of the solution.
- Give examples of the concepts.
- Tell the difference between the concepts.
Setting Up and Running Business Notification in Microsoft Navision (6 topics)
- Describe the Microsoft Navision side of the Business Notification process.
- Set up Business Notification in Microsoft Navision.
- Create notification batches.
- Assign report IDs to notifications.
- Work with notification worksheets.
- Name Microsoft Navision granules necessary to work with Business Notification according to different scenarios
Working with Business Notification Manager (10 topics)
- Overview of Business Notification Manager.
- Creating a new scheme
- Setup and Configuration of notification schemes
- Deleting a scheme
- Opening a scheme
- Starting and stopping completed schemes
- Importing a scheme
- Exporting a scheme
- Viewing the history
Setting up Business Notification Manager (5 topics)
- Connecting to server
- Managing templates
- Managing permissions with active directory
End user subscription (7 topics)
- The purpose and overview of the end user subscription
- Location of the Web application
- Accessing the Web application and viewing the list of subscriptions
- End-user subscription access rights
- Subscribing to and unsubscribing from notifications
- Receiving messages
- Tracking sent e-mails
Installation and administration of Business Notification (2 topics)
- Design of Business Notification
- Business Notification Installation
Business Notification advanced – development and customization (2 topics)
- Generating notifications in Microsoft Navision
- Creating templates
Before attending this course, students must have: - Knowledge of the “Event” feature for the XML ports - SQL Server knowledge - Knowledge of C/AL code