Windows Server 2003 Helpdesk Essentials
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Microsoft Windows 2003 Training Courses.
Windows XP Desktop Environment (1 topic)
- Windows XP themes; Desktop Changes; Task bar features; Searching capabilities; Folder and display options and the Multilingual User Interface
Windows XP Desktop Configuration (1 topic)
- The new Control Panel; The registry; Power Management; Roaming Profiles; Folder Redirection; Offline Files and the new Security Centre.
Windows XP System Maintenance (1 topic)
- Using Secondary Logon for Administration; Computer Management; Event viewer; Remote Assistance and Desktop; Task Manager; Troubleshooting NTFS file permissions and using the Effective Permissions Tab; Internet Explorer security settings.
Active Directory Concepts (1 topic)
- Active Directory Forest structure; Domains; Organisational Units; Group Security concepts; Active Directory Sites and Replication latency; Locating logon scripts.
Working With Active Directory (1 topic)
- Using Active Directory Users and Computers to create accounts and groups; exploring the search capability and saved queries; Introducing group policy and resultant set of policies.
Office 2003 New Features (1 topic)
- The new look; task panes; document comparison; clipboard improvements; Configuring Outlook Exchange caching mode; Outlook permissions and .pst file
This course is aimed at help-desk support professionals that are not familiar with supporting the Windows XP operating system or the Windows 2003 Active Directory environment. Experience of the Service Desk or Help-Desk support role is essential. This course presumes that the attendees have basic Windows navigation skills and experience using Microsft Office products.