MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
If you are a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), you not only thrive on the continuing challenges of the information technology (IT) field, but you also take the initiative to develop and hone your skills so that you stay a step ahead. When you become Microsoft certified, you will:
- Stand out with proof of your specific, real-world technology skills
- Be productive and help increase customer satisfaction, reduce network downtime, and push service to a higher level
- Achieve success with each Microsoft certification that you earn, which takes you further along the path to professional recognition
The Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician validates the knowledge and skills required to deploy and support the Windows Vista operating system. Candidates for the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician credential have expertise in deploying Windows Vista, managing security, and troubleshooting network issues, with three years of experience as a tier 2 or lead desktop support technician. Skills required for the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician certification include the ability to:
- Manage workflow.
- Install and configure desktop operating systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot the desktop operating system, desktop applications, and desktop networking and connectivity.
- Install and configure hardware devices and drivers (including mobile and personal devices).
- Troubleshoot hardware devices and drivers (including mobile and personal devices).
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate administrator (for example, server administrator, network administrator, or desktop configuration administrator).
- Install and test department-specific and line-of-business (LOB) applications on end-user computers.
- Change desktop configurations as needed.
- Re-image desktops as needed.
The MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician credential is part of the new generation of Microsoft certifications, which emphasizes primary skill sets and job roles, providing a more relevant, flexible, and cost-effective way to validate core technical, professional, and architectural skills.
This certification will require a periodic update to demonstrate your continued currency in technology and best practices.
How to earn your MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician Certification
To achieve this certification, you must successfully complete two exams: one Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Windows Vista prerequisite exam (70-620) and one Professional Series exam (70-622).
M5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System
Training course M5115: Installing and Configuring the Windows Vista Operating System serves as an entry point for other Microsoft Vista courses.
M5116: Configuring Windows Vista Applications and Tools
Training course M5116: Configuring Windows Vista Applications and Tools provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully configure Vista
M5118B: Supporting Windows Vista and Applications in the Enterprise
This 5-day M5118B course provides the skills required to support the Windows Vista operating system and applications in the Enterprise.
M5119: Supporting the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System and Applications
Training course M5119: Supporting the Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System and Applications provides skills to improve support & minimise downtime