MEF-SDCP SD-WAN Certified Professional
The SD-WAN Certified Professional (MEF-SDCP) program is the newest in a series of professional certifications that validate workforce skills necessary for successful digital transformation. The SD-WAN professional certification is the industry's only exam verifying knowledge, skills, and abilities in the domains of SD-WAN based on the MEF SD-WAN Service Attributes and Services (MEF 70) standard as well as other fundamentals of SD-WAN solutions. This exam is designed for technically-oriented SD-WAN professionals ranging from pre-sales to network/service engineering and operational personnel in the service provider, technology vendor, and enterprise communities.
Recent research findings from Heavy Reading indicate that 94% of surveyed service provider professionals worldwide believe their employer will offer an SD-WAN service by the end of 2021 if they do not already. Seventy-three percent believe that SD-WAN professional certification will be “critical” or “important” for accelerating SD-WAN service sales. Heavy Reading’s SD-WAN Services Strategies survey included responses from 125 service provider professionals representing companies based in every major geographic region.
To ensure key core competencies, the MEF-SDCP test covers:
- Assessing, planning and designing: scenarios of size and scale, implementations, applications, strategy, and business requirements.
- Implementation: MEF 70 related to business requirements, application flow, policy, underlay services, characteristics, and migration strategy.
- Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO): service impacting issues, diagnostics, performance metrics, and troubleshooting.
- Components and Features: fundamentals and characteristics of SD-WAN solutions, service components, and service attributes.
Candidates and Companies That Should Consider MEF-SDCP
As a technical certification, preferred network professionals for MEF-SDCP include:
- Network Engineer who can demonstrate their ability to manage SD-WAN systems/ Operation Engineers
- System Engineers (e.g., Application Engineers etc.)
- Network Engineer Managers
- Network Consulting Engineers
- Product Developers
- Enterprise Solution Designers
- Sales Engineers
- Network Architects
- Product Support and IT Directors
Companies to benefit by training and certifying their employees as MEF-SDCP include:
- Communications Service Providers (CSPs) of all Tiers
- Technology solution providers for network services
- Large enterprise consumers of Ethernet Business Services
- System Integrators and Consultants supporting CSPs
Delivery Options for MEF-SDCP Training and Exam
Public Training Schedule: The Public Training Schedule has dates available globally, please view available dates here. Students can attend the classes in person or virtually.
Private Group Training: Perpetual Solutions can deliver MEF-SDCP Training and Examination at your company offices or via our virtual classroom. If you have no training facility onsite, at a third party venue in your city. Private Group training is available globally and is ideal for groups of four or more people. If you have a group of colleagues requiring this program, please send us an enquiry or call to discuss your needs.
Self-Paced Online: If you have a busy schedule and are looking for an online self-paced MEF-SDCP class, we have a number of options for you. Please send us an enquiry or call to discuss your needs.
We are with you for the long term, providing multi-level, multi-technology training programs at the same high level as our MEF-SDCP SD-WAN training. We have delivered multi-product training programs to customers who have taken our SD-WAN training, covering topics such as OTN (Optical Transport Networks), 5G, Mobile Backhaul, MPLS and SDN/NFV. With over 2000 courses to choose from, we aim to be your knowledge partner of choice over the long term.
SD-WAN, SDN & NFV for Network Operators
A complete 5-day program on SDN & NFV fundamentals and engineering, with special focus on SD-WAN. MEF SD-WAN Certified Professional (MEF-SDCP) can be gained.
SD-WAN Technology and Architecture
This 2-day course focuses on the SD-WAN technology, standards and vendor solutions. Combined with PWL418 it prepares candidates for the MEF-SDCP SD-WAN Certified Professional exam.