MCITP Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
Candidates for the MCITP Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician credential have expertise in deploying Windows 7, managing security, and troubleshooting network issues. They have three years of experience as a tier-2 or lead desktop support technician.
Skills required for the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician certification include the ability to:
- Manage workflow.
- Install and configure desktop operating systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot the desktop operating system, desktop applications, and desktop networking and connectivity.
- Install and configure hardware devices and drivers (including mobile and personal devices).
- Troubleshoot hardware devices and drivers (including mobile and personal devices).
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate administrator (for example, server administrator, network administrator, or desktop configuration administrator).
- Install and test department-specific and line-of-business (LOB) applications on end-user computers.
- Change desktop configurations as needed.
- Re-image desktops as needed.
Delegates must hold a MCTS Configuring Windows 7 certificate to be eligible for this MCITP certification.