CWAAS: Wide Area Application Services
This is a 5-day, instructor-led, lecture/lab course that teaches students how to design and implement WAN optimization and application acceleration using the Cisco WAAS family of products. Students will learn how to design a basic WAAS deployment and configure WAE devices, including traffic optimizations and file and print services.
In the lab, students will install and configure WAE devices, configure and test application traffic policies, and configure file and print services.
- Explain the business value of WAN optimization and application acceleration technologies and understand the technologies employed by Cisco Wide Area Application Services to enable consolidation while improving application performance over the WAN
- Design Cisco WAAS solutions, including network design, interception method and solution sizing.
- Describe Cisco WAAS implementation, integration, and management
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for post and pre-sales audiences that are involved in the installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco’s WAE devices.
Cisco Wide Area Application Services3 topics
- Cisco WAAS Overview
- WAN Optimization Technical Overview
- Application Acceleration Technical Overview
Designing Cisco WAAS Solutions2 topics
- Network Design, Interception and Interoperability
- Performance, Scalability, and Capacity Sizing
Implementation, Integration, and Management5 topics
- Installing and Configuring the WAE
- Configuring Traffic Interception
- Cisco WAAS Central Management
- Configuring Application Traffic Policies
- Configuring Application Acceleration
Troubleshooting Cisco WAAS4 topics
- Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Network Interception
- Troubleshooting WAN Optimization
- Troubleshooting Application Acceleration
CCNP is strongly recommended
CCDA is required for SE's
Fundamental Knowledge of Microsoft Windows networking technologies.
- ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network. code ICND1 next date December 02 in Glasgow - Elite and 3 other locations 12 other dates in 6 locations 5 days
- ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network. code ICND2 next date December 02 in Cirencester 17 other dates in 9 locations 5 days
- Cisco Routing and Switching Field Specialist Cisco Routing and Switching Field Specialist Certification, Advanced Routing and Switching
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.