This is a 5-day, instructor-led, lecture/lab course that teaches students how to design and implement WAN optimization and application acceleration using the Cisco WAAS family of products. Students will learn how to design a basic WAAS deployment and configure WAE devices, including traffic optimizations and file and print services.
In the lab, students will install and configure WAE devices, configure and test application traffic policies, and configure file and print services.
- Explain the business value of WAN optimization and application acceleration technologies and understand the technologies employed by Cisco Wide Area Application Services to enable consolidation while improving application performance over the WAN
- Design Cisco WAAS solutions, including network design, interception method and solution sizing.
- Describe Cisco WAAS implementation, integration, and management
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for post and pre-sales audiences that are involved in the installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco’s WAE devices.
Cisco Wide Area Application Services (3 topics)
- Cisco WAAS Overview
- WAN Optimization Technical Overview
- Application Acceleration Technical Overview
Designing Cisco WAAS Solutions (2 topics)
- Network Design, Interception and Interoperability
- Performance, Scalability, and Capacity Sizing
Implementation, Integration, and Management (5 topics)
- Installing and Configuring the WAE
- Configuring Traffic Interception
- Cisco WAAS Central Management
- Configuring Application Traffic Policies
- Configuring Application Acceleration
Troubleshooting Cisco WAAS (4 topics)
- Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Network Interception
- Troubleshooting WAN Optimization
- Troubleshooting Application Acceleration
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor