Understand People and Conflict
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Do you find certain types of people difficult to understand?
Is conflict difficult for you to deal with?
Do you want to be able to motivate people?
Would you like to see how others may see you?
This course will show you how to understand people and conflict. It uses SDI (Strength Deployment Inventory) to show you how you appear to others, why certain groups of people will frustrate you and how to deal with them as well as neutral, practical ways of diffusing conflict. This simple to understand tool belies its power in creating neutral language to discuss what are usually seen as tricky problems.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Create trust and respect in relationships
- Understand why people are motivated to do the things they do
- Create cohesive teams who understand each other
- Work and perform at higher levels
- Reduce the stress caused by conflict in the work environment
- Gain time and increased productivity
- Help people work together without accidentally causing conflict or tension
- Learn what motivates you, enabling you to choose activities that will make you feel most satisfied
- Understand the motivations of people who currently frustrate you
- See how you may be perceived by them
- Create harmony and avoid causing conflict in all your relationships.
Course Topics (21 topics)
- Personal objective setting for the course.
- Handling conflict better.
- Create an action plan to resolve a real example where you wish to improve.
- Personal beliefs - how to empower your thinking.
- Levels of assertion and when to use them.
- Work association - how to encourage positive work association through 3 phases.
- Personal actions - what you will do to encourage positive working.
- SDI analysis explanation and discussion of the results.
- Identify your SDI profile.
- Understand how people in other areas of the SDI Triangle are motivated and what frustrates them.
- Exercise to identify the behaviours to adopt and to avoid when working with the various SDI 'behaviour colours' in your team.
- The three stages of conflict.
- Understand what conflict looks like / sounds like / feels like for others and how to pick up the signs.
- Causes of conflict - how to identify and understand your own.
- How to prevent escalation of conflict.
- Conflict strategies - prevention as well as resolution.
- First impressions.
- Planning your behaviour - create the plan that will give you the best results.
- Transactional analysis - the ego-state model.
- Rules of communication.
- Strategic questioning - using the 4 steps to success