|Price||Available on request|
Do you need to interview and hire staff?
Do you worry about selecting the right candidate for your organisation?
Do you want to make sure your organisation gets the most long-term benefit from your new people?
The selection of staff is not only a costly activity in itself, but marks the beginning of a significant period of investment. By getting the process right, costs are reduced and benefits begin to accrue.
This course will enable you to determine a framework of objective criteria within which to shortlist and select people for jobs. You will also have the opportunity to acquire and practice behavioural interviewing skills. You will benefit from this course if you are a manager who needs to select and recruit new team members.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Set objective measurement criteria
- Use a range of questioning styles to determine a candidate’s suitability for the job
- Use your body language to influence a candidate’s behaviour
- State the importance of equal opportunity issues when applied to the conduct of interviews
- Review the principles of, and be able to give, quality feedback to successful and unsuccessful candidates.
Course Contents (18 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- Personal experiences of interviewing.
- Interviewing skills self-assessment questionnaire.
- How do you attract staff and advertise your vacancies?
- Legislation relating to recruitment and interviewing.
- Employment law.
- Equal opportunities.
- Guidelines for fair and legal interviews.
- Good questioning techniques.
- Objective criteria.
- Interview structure.
- Interviewing styles.
- Listening skills.
- The impact of non-verbal communication.
- Giving feedback.
- Completion of a personal action plan.