|Price||Available on request|
Project Managers are key to the success of all projects, and hold the responsibility for managing them on behalf of the business organisation which commissioned them. Therefore it is imperative that all Project Managers acquire and can apply certain core competencies necessary to deliver successful projects in today's dynamic business environment.
This course aims to take managers with some experience of running small projects and equip them with the key competencies to be successful Project Managers. These competencies include the ability to manage time, cost, people, quality and risk. The experiential nature of the course reinforces and encourages the use of best practice.
With the increasing significance being placed on the achievement of professional qualifications, this course represents a significant module in The Project Management Accreditation Programme. This course helps to establish the knowledge base required to proceed to either the Association for Project Management (APM) or the Project Management Institution (PMI) examinations. This course carries the award of 37.5 Professional Development Units (PDU's) for PMI re-certification.
This is a comprehensive course extending over five days with a combination of lectures, workshops and exercises which are designed to build on the knowledge and expertise of those attending. It features a major emphasis on project case-study work, enabling participants to gain practical project management experience during the week.
Course Topics (9 topics)
- Identify the factors which result in project success
- Manage effectively the initiation and organisation of projects
- Apply project planning and control techniques effectively
- Review, audit and approve project plans Developed by team members and other project managers
- Implement relevant quality management techniques
- Identify, assess and manage project risks and issues
- Create and execute an effective project communications plan
- Recognise the financial and budgetary implications of projects
- Handle people management issues proficiently
Experienced Project Managers, from either an IT or a business environment, who now wish to enhance their existing skills and knowledge to position themselves as effective Project Managers in today's dynamic and challenging environment.
This course is intended for those who have already undergone training in the fundamentals of project management and have at least one year's actual project management experience. It is not suitable for those seeking an introduction to project management.