CompTIA Server+ (2009 Objectives)
You will install, configure, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot servers. You will also examine the server hardware and software, server IT environment, disaster recovery concepts, and learn information and skills that will be helpful on the job during this course.
Target Student: The CompTIA Server+ certification exam is targeted at IT professionals, network support technicians, and server hardware specialists having 18-24 months of experience in the information technology industry and hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Examine server fundamentals.
- Identify the hardware components of a server.
- Describe the features of server software.
- Examine the various types of storage systems used in servers.
- Install hardware components on a server.
- Configure servers.
- Examine the issues in upgrading server components.
- Identify some of the industry’s best practices for deploying a server and the various strategies of securing, accessing, and remotely managing the server hardware.
- Troubleshoot servers.
- Describe disaster recovery concepts and techniques.
Introduction to Servers2 topics
- Topic 1A: Examine the Network Architecture
- Topic 1B: Identify Common Server Types and Functions
Exploring the Server Hardware4 topics
- Topic 2A: Identify Server System Board Components
- Topic 2B: Explore System Processing Core
- Topic 2C: Explore Server Memory
- Topic 2D: Examine Server Cooling and Power Systems
Introduction to Server Software4 topics
- Topic 3A: Describe Server Software
- Topic 3B: NOS Management Features
- Topic 3C: NOS Security Features
- Topic 3D: Network Essentials for Servers
Exploring the Server Storage System5 topics
- Topic 4A: Examine Storage Devices Used for Servers
- Topic 4B: Explore IDE and SCSI
- Topic 4C: Describe RAID
- Topic 4D: Explore NAS Implementations
- Topic 4E: Explore SAN Implementations
Installing the Server Hardware4 topics
- Topic 5A: Identify the Best Practices in Server Hardware Installation
- Topic 5B: Install Hardware Components on a Server
- Topic 5C: Verify Server Installation
- Topic 5D: Install a Server in a Network Environment
Configuring Servers3 topics
- Topic 6A: NOS Installation and Verification
- Topic 6B: Install System Monitoring Agents and Service Tools
- Topic 6C: Server Configuration Documentation
Examining the Issues in Upgrading Server Components3 topics
- Topic 7A: Examine an Upgrade Checklist
- Topic 7B: Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Hardware
- Topic 7C: Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Software
Examining Servers in an IT Environment2 topics
- Topic 8A: Industry Best Practices for Server Installation and Maintenance
- Topic 8B: Server Security and Access Methods
Troubleshooting Servers5 topics
- Topic 9A: Examine the Troubleshooting Theory and Methodologies
- Topic 9B: Troubleshoot Server Hardware Problems
- Topic 9C: Troubleshoot Server Software Problems
- Topic 9D: Troubleshoot Server Network Problems
- Topic 9E: Troubleshoot Server Storage Device Problems
Exploring Disaster Recovery Concepts and Methodologies3 topics
- Topic 10A: Examine Disaster Recovery Plans
- Topic 10B: Implement Disaster Recovery Methodologies
- Topic 10C: Implement Replication Methods
- Appendix A: Mapping Server+ Course Content to the CompTIA Server+ Exam Objectives (2009)
- Appendix B: CompTIA Server+ Acronyms
Students taking this class or preparing for the Server+ 2009 examination should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is recommended that they also hold the CompTIA A+ certification.
- Comptia Server+ Certification CompTIA Server+ certification is an international industry credential that validates the knowledge of individuals with 18-24 months of experience with Industry Standard Server Architecture (ISSA) tech...
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.