Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Crystal Reports V11 Intro
Crystal Reports XI: Level 1 is the primary recommended course you should take if your job responsibilities require you to obtain output from databases. It is also the first course in the Crystal Reports XI series. In this course, you will build basic list and group reports that work with almost any database.
You will build basic list and group reports that work with almost any database
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a report by using data from an existing database.
- Use a report to present specific data in the desired order.
- Create groups to summarize report data.
- Build formulas to calculate and display data.
- Format reports.
- Add and modify elements in a report.
- Create single data series charts.
- Distribute report data.
Lesson 1: Creating a Report (7 topics)
- Topic 1A: Set Default Report Settings
- Topic 1B: Specify Fields for a New Report
- Topic 1C: Preview a Report
- Topic 1D: Modify Field Display
- Topic 1E: Add a Report Title
- Topic 1F: Position Fields
- Topic 1G: Add Fields from Other Tables
Lesson 2: Displaying Specific Report Data (3 topics)
- Topic 2A: Find Data
- Topic 2B: Sort Data
- Topic 2C: Filter Data by a Single Criterion
Lesson 3: Grouping Report Data (7 topics)
- Topic 3A: Insert a Group
- Topic 3B: Add Summaries
- Topic 3C: Format Summary Information
- Topic 3D: Change Group Options
- Topic 3E: Add a Second-Level Grouping
- Topic 3F: Filter Records by Group
- Topic 3G: Create a Top N Sort Group
Lesson 4: Building Formulas (8 topics)
- Topic 4A: Create a Formula
- Topic 4B: Edit a Formula
- Topic 4C: Combine Fields by Formula
- Topic 4D: Delete a Formula
- Topic 4E: Filter Data by Multiple Criteria
- Topic 4F: Modify a Filter Using an OR Operator
- Topic 4G: Create a Parameter Field
- Topic 4H: Account for Null Fields in a Formula
Lesson 5: Formatting Reports (5 topics)
- Topic 5A: Remove White Space
- Topic 5B: Insert Page Header/Footer Data
- Topic 5C: Add Borders, Boxes, and Lines
- Topic 5D: Change Field Background Color
- Topic 5E: Change the Margins
Lesson 6: Enhancing Reports (6 topics)
- Topic 6A: Add a Watermark
- Topic 6B: Insert Objects Using Object Linking and Embedding
- Topic 6C: Modify Formatting Based on Data Value
- Topic 6D: Suppress Report Sections
- Topic 6E: Insert Hyperlinks
- Topic 6F: Hide Blank Report Sections
Lesson 7: Creating Pie Charts (4 topics)
- Topic 7A: Create a Pie Chart with a Drill-Down
- Topic 7B: Modify Chart Text
- Topic 7C: Format a Chart
- Topic 7D: Present a Chart by Group
Lesson 8: Distributing Data (6 topics)
- Topic 8A: Export to a PDF File
- Topic 8B: Export to a Microsoft Excel File
- Topic 8C: Export to an Access Database File
- Topic 8D: Export a Report Definition
- Topic 8E: Create Mailing Labels
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows, organise folders and files
- Work with Windows â€“ Minimise, Maximise, Open, Close
- A basic understanding of database principles, including: Relationships between tables; Joins and Primary Keys; Experience of using data manipulation software, such as Microsoft Access or Microsoft Excel
- Prior knowledge of SQL is desirable, but not essential