This course has been retired. Please view currently available ITIL Training Courses.
The course contains the following contents: (10 topics)
- Holders of the ISEB Practitioner Certificate in IT Service Management: Problem Management will be able to demonstrate their competence in, and their ability to:
- Plan for the implementation of Problem Management
- Support the Incident Management process through the management and resolution of incidents when the Service Desk is unable to do so independently
- Define, implement and manage the following activities: carry out an incident analysis, identify and create a problem record, diagnose the cause of problems, identify problem resolutions, assign known errors to the appropriate configuration item(s) and raise remedial changes if necessary
- Define and agree incident and problem categories and priorities
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation of Problem Management and be able to indicate how improvements can be made
- Analyse incident and problem reports and statistics to determine trends, identify weak areas and propose resolutions to reduce the number of incidents, by proactively identifying and preventing possible problems
- Prepare Problem Management reports for distribution throughout the organisation
- Co-ordinate, schedule, target and focus resources to the resolution of the most appropriate incidents and problems
- Understand the interdependencies between Problem Management and other IT and Service Management processes
To be entered for the Practitioner's examination leading to the certificate, the candidate must fulfil three requirements: - Attend an accredited training course and complete the in-course assignment - Demonstrate at least one year's experience in the Problem Management process - Hold the foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Candidates taking the examination immediately following a course will be entered for the examination by the course provider. Those wishing to take the central examination should register direct with the ISEB, from whom the entry form can be obtained.