Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part II
This course is designed for database administrators and technical support staff who are required to plan and implement database backup and recovery strategies for Oracle10g databases. This course is also suitable for delegates who need to be able to monitor and improve the database performance.
This course introduces delegates to the main concepts of Oracle backup and recovery. They will learn how to plan and implement a backup and recovery strategy using operating system backups, the import and export utilities and Recovery Manager. Delegates will learn how to monitor and improve database performance. They will also learn how to control database resources using Resource Manager, automate tasks with the Scheduler and use Automatic Storage Management (ASM). This course covers the main topics of the Oracle exam #1Z1-043 Oracle Database 10g: Administration II.
Topics Covered21 topics
- Plan a Backup Strategy
- Plan a Disaster Recovery Strategy
- Alter a Database to Archivelog and NoArchivelog Modes
- Online and Offline Backups
- Complete and Incomplete Database Recovery
- Recover a Database from Non-Critical Losses
- Perform Logical Backups with Export and Import Utilities
- Use RMAN to Perform Backups And Restore
- Use Flashback Technology to Recover a Database
- Use Flashback to Recover From User Errors
- Database Corruption
- Load Data into a Database
- Diagnostic Sources
- Use Automatic Database Management
- Monitor and Manage Storage
- Use Automatic Storage Management
- Monitor and Manage Memory
- Control Database Resources Using Resource Manager
- Automate Management Tasks with the Scheduler
- Secure the Oracle Listener
- Use Globalization Support
A working knowledge of Oracle SQL*Plus and Oracle Database Administration. This can be gained by attendance on the Oracle SQL*Plus, and the Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part I courses.
- SQL*Plus A 3-day Training Course on SQL*Plus; Designed for anyone who needs to access and work with Oracle Databases; corresponds to exams 1Z0-001 & IZ0-007 code onsite only 3 days
- Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part I A 5-day Training Course on Oracle Database 10g DBA - Part I; provides the skills to maintain successful & efficient day-to-day operations of an Oracle database code O10GDBAI onsite only 5 days
- Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional This advanced certification follows on from the OCA and sshows that delegates know how to confugure more complex features of Oracle
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.