Administering Cisco Unity Connection (AUC) v8.0 describes Cisco Unity Connection administration features, options, and configuration settings as they apply to the administrator. The course presents Cisco Unity Connection with the focused goal of providing the administrators with the necessary skills to perform their day-to-day job functions using the Cisco Unity Connection version 8.x system. Students that require skills beyond administration where engineering, integration, and networking skills are required should consider the Implementing Cisco Unity Connection (IUC) course.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain the function of Cisco Unity Connection and the various interfaces that are used to access the system
- Describe the components that are required for user call processing by Cisco Unity Connection
- Implement the various features and options that are available to users in Cisco Unity Connection
- Use the various applications, tools, and reports that are available in Cisco Unity Connection
- Basic understanding of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing.
- Basic knowledge of traditional PSTN operations and technologies, including PBX and voice-mail administration tasks
- Basic understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager