Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric v3.0
This 5 day course focuses on the knowledge and skills required to design a data center network architecture using Cisco's high-end switching portfolio, architectural components of Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst switching lines, Cisco IOS and NX-OS software architecture, either as an Ethernet-only data center, or as a data center using unified fabric.Features of these data center class platforms ranging from continuous operation, resiliency, and virtualization to power efficiency and management are also reviewed.
There are a number of service modules and line cards available for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches and Cisco ASA 5500 Adaptive Security Appliances and whilst it is not possible to cover all of these in depth, the Cisco Application Networking Services (ANS) portfolio, including ACE module and ACE appliance are covered.
This course is designed for Network designers and architects, data center network administrators, and system engineers involved in the design and implementaiont of a Data Center. This course is also required for Channel Partners looking to achieve Cisco Data Center Architecture.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the data center network architecture design basics, challenges, and environmental requirements
- Describe the Cisco data center network equipment
- Explain virtualization principles used in data center networks
- Explain server virtualization concepts
- Design data center services and security
- List data center standards, trends, and sizing guidelines
Data Center Design Fundamentals3 topics
- Data Center Overview
- Cisco Data Center Business Advantage
- Designing Data Center Solutions
Data Center Network Infrastructure7 topics
- Cisco Catalyst Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus Series Switches
- Cisco Data Center Security Products
- Cisco Data Center Application Services Products
- Cisco SAN Products
- Cisco Computing, Desktop, and Solution Products
- Cisco Data Center Network Management
Data Center Network Virtualization Principles4 topics
- Device Virtualization
- Network Virtualization
- Fabric Virtualization
- Data Center Standards and Trends
Design Data Center Topologies3 topics
- Designing Data Center Topologies
- Designing Data Center Topologies using FEX
- Designing Data Center Interconnects
Design Data Center Services and Security3 topics
- Designing Data Center IP Services
- Designing Data Center Application Services
- Designing Data Center Security
Data Center Standards1 topic
- Data Center Sizing
- Lab 2-1: Discover Network Infrastructure Topology (Instructor Demonstration)
- Lab 3-1: Explore Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch VDC
- Lab 3-2: Explore Fabric Virtualization
- Lab 4-1: Design Data Center Topology with vPC and FEX (Instructor Demonstration)
- Lab 4-2: Design DCI with OTV
- Lab 5-1: Designing Layer 3 High Availability
Delegates should hold a Cisco CCDA certification.
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.