This is an instructor-led, lecture / lab course that teaches you how to design, deploy, and optimize intelligent network services using the Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) Appliance, Service Module v2.0 and GSS. This course covers all of the key features of the ACE 2.0 software, including resource virtualization and management, server load balancing (Layer 2-4 and Layer 7), SSL termination and offload, and security features like application-layer inspection and fixups.
- Describe IP application delivery with the ACE module.
- Describe the structure and function of the Modular Policy CLI statements used to configure ACE features.
- Describe the capabilities the ACE module used to load balance IP-based applications.
- Identify the layer 7 processing options used to provide advanced application networking.
- Create new contexts and resource classes.
- Create class maps and serverfarms.
- Configure an ACE context load balance traffic flows.
- Configure an ACE context to monitor real servers.
- Implement fixups and inspection.
- Describe the ACE features that provide IP application security.
- Implement SSL termination.
- Configure network address translations.
- Describe the high availability features of the ACE module.
- Configure an ACE context to perform a variety functions in an integrated environment.
- Troubleshoot common SLB configuration errors.
Data Center Application Services Overview (3 topics)
- IP-Based Data Center Applications
- Introducing ACE Family Solutions
- Deploying the ACE Appliance and Service Module
Implementing Server Load Balancing (7 topics)
- Modular Policy CLI
- Managing the ACE Appliance and Service Module Security Features
- Layer 4 Load Balancing
- Health Monitoring
- Layer 7 Protocol Processing
- Processing Secure Connections
- Migrating From CSS and CSM
Implementing Web Application Acceleration (3 topics)
- Web Application Acceleration Overview
- Deploying Application Acceleration and Optimization
- Integrating Multiple Features
Implementing Site-to-Site Load Balancing (3 topics)
- Deploying the GSS
- Managing the GSS
- Implementing Global Server Load Balancing
Redundancy and Troubleshooting (2 topics)
- High Availability
- Troubleshooting Application Services
Attendees should have the following skills:
* Familiartity with TCP / IP protocols
* Knowledge of HTTP and SSL protocols
* Basic understanding of N-tier application architecture
* Basic understanding of Server load-balancing
* CCNA or equivalent knowledge is recommended.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT