Management of Risk (M_o_R) Practitioner
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
A certain amount of risk taking is inevitable if an organisation is both to achieve objectives and exploit opportunities effectively. The adoption of well managed risk taking is likely to lead to sustainable improvements in service improvement and business growth.
The Framework will allow organizations to perceive potential problems before they either arise or become a threat to achievement.
This course is aimed at individuals who have already undertaken and passed the Management of Risk Foundation Exam based on the 2010 version of the “Management of Risk, Guidance for Practitioners”. Individuals who have undertaken the Foundation Exam based on earlier versions of the guidance are advised to update their knowledge prior to attending this course, as there have been significant changes to the guidance. This course leads to the Registered Practitioner qualification via a 3 hour objective test examination, which takes place during the morning of the second day.
Note: Delegates are expected to bring their own copy of the 2010 version of “Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners” ISBN No. 978-0-331274-0 as during this exam candidates may make use of their M_o_R® Manual and also a set of sample information (ABC Documents & Techniques) all of which were provided when attending the Foundation course. Otherwise they will need to be purchased.
Delegates need to take approx 20 hours of time to look through these guides before attending , so that they are fully prepared to have the best chances of passing the exam. The Practitioner is the second of the two Management of Risk (M_o_R®) examinations and you are required to pass to become an M_o_R® Practitioner.
This is a one and a half day course. Day one of this course covers detailed exam scenarios and sample questions, on the second day delegates commence the 3 hour exam. Photo ID is required to take this exam.
During the course you will asked to provide written permission to pass on your pass mark to your employer.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1 (1 topic)
- During the first day the participants will be given exam scenarios and questions similar to those they will face in the practitioner exam. Each question session will include an explanation and rationale to help delegates understand the particular syllabus area being tested. This will be a structured day offering opportunities for practitioner exam candidates to try out different styles of exam questions. The trainer will provide help and support throughout this time. It will be expected that candidates supplement the learning from day 1 of the course by completing personal study in the evening.
Day 2 (8 topics)
- This examination is aiming to measure whether a candidate would be able to apply M_o_R to a business environment. This will include understanding of how to apply M_o_R from the Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational perspectives. To this end they need to exhibit the competence required for the Foundation qualification, and show that they can apply M_o_R to address the needs and problems of a specific scenario but from the four perspectives already mentioned. Specifically, candidates must be able to:
- Show they understand the framework of M_o_R and how that might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario.
- Show they understand the relationships between the four core concepts and can apply this understanding.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the M_o_R Principles can be applied to a set of circumstances
- Demonstrate that they understand the specific process steps to identify, assess and control risks and how those steps can be supported by the Common Techniques.
- Understand the application of the documents within the M_o_R Approach
- Show that they can understand how to Embed & Review M_o_R within a business environment
- To attend this you course you must have already passed the M_o_R Foundation exam
- Please take approx 20 hours of time to look through your M_o_R materials before attending, so that you are fully prepared to have the best chances of passing the examination
- To book on this M_o_R Practitioner course, delegates must provide details of their M_o_R Foundation exam results by giving their candidate number or date of exam for verification to be made with the exam board.
- It is with regret that, owing to the requirement to complete 20 hours of pre-course work, QA is unable to allow late bookings on this course. A minimum of two-weeks is required.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different levels of discounts are available, ranging from 5 to 50%. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.