This is a five-day instructor-led course that is aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills that are needed to configure and deploy Cisco Security Manager. The course also provides an overview of network security technologies, and includes case studies that are useful for deployment scenarios.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Present an overview of the Cisco Security Manager product, describe the main product features, and introduce the basic deployment tasks.
- Manage configuration of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco FWSM firewall devices, and explain firewall event management and device configuration correlation.
- Describe the most commonly used VPN topologies and their deployment.
- Examine the configuration of intrusion prevention mechanisms on the Cisco IOS platform, modules, and standalone appliances, as well as explain the Cisco IPS event and configuration correlation.
- Explain how Cisco Security Manager works with Cisco IOS devices, including the new Cisco ISR G2 routers.
- Describe the FlexConfig functionality of Cisco Security Manager, the workflow mode of operation, and administrative tasks and integration with Cisco Secure ACS.
Cisco Security Manager Overview (5 topics)
- Introducing Cisco Security Manager
- Managing Devices
- Managing Policies
- Managing Objects
- Using Map View
Firewall Policy Management (3 topics)
- Managing Firewall Services
- Managing Firewall Devices
- Event Monitoring and Rule Correlation for Firewalls
VPN Policy Configuration (6 topics)
- Managing VPNs
- Managing Remote Access IPsec VPNs
- Configuring Client-Based SSL VPNs
- Configuring Clientless SSL VPNs
- Configuring Advanced VPN Configurations
- Deploying Advanced VPN Technologies
Cisco IPS Solutions Management (3 topics)
- Managing Cisco IPS Services
- Managing Cisco IPS Devices
- Managing Cisco IPS Events
Cisco IOS Device Provisioning (2 topics)
- Managing Routers
- Using the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switch and Cisco 7600 Series Router Device Manager
Management, Deployment, and Administration of FlexConfigs in Cisco Security Manager (5 topics)
- Managing FlexConfigs
- Managing Activities and Workflow Deployments
- Implementing Integration Between Cisco Security Manager and Cisco Secure ACS
- Backing Up and Restoring Cisco Security Manager Databases
- Using Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Diagnostic Tools
Appendix A (1 topic)
- Using CiscoWorks RME
Labs (19 topics)
- Lab 1-1: Configuring Device Bootstrap and Testing Connectivity
- Lab 1-2: Importing Devices
- Lab 1-3: Defining Interface Roles and Usage
- Lab 1-4: Creating Policy Objects
- Lab 2-1: Managing Firewall Policyâ€”Policy Sharing
- Lab 2-2: Managing Firewall Policyâ€”Policy Inheritance
- Lab 2-3: Configuring NAT and Inspecting Configuration Commands Prior to Deployment
- Lab 2-4: Configuring Event Monitoring and Configuration Correlation for Firewalls
- Lab 3-1: Managing SSL VPN Deployment Using Cisco AnyConnect
- Lab 3-2: Managing Clientless SSL VPN Deployment
- Lab 3-3: Managing DMVPN Deployment
- Lab 3-4: Managing GET VPN Deployment
- Lab 4-1: Configuring the Cisco IOS IPS
- Lab 4-2: Configuring the Cisco IPS Module
- Lab 4-3: Configuring Event Monitoring and Configuration Correlation for IPSs
- Lab 5-1: Configuring the Cisco IOS Software Router
- Lab 5-2: Managing DHCP Devices with the CiscoWorks Auto Update Server
- Lab 6-1: Configuring FlexConfigs
- Lab 6-2: Configuring Cisco Secure ACS and Cisco Security Manager Integration
- Cisco CCSP or CCNP Security Certification.
- Understanding of networking and routing (on the CCNP level, but no certification is required).
- Understanding of different VPN technologies (such as DMVPN, GET VPN, and SSL VPN).
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.