Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Skills for End User Site Administrators
A two day course designed to fulfill the skill requirement of a nominated Site Owner for a SharePoint 2010 site or site collection. By the end of the course, students will be able to create, customise and manage SharePoint 2010 sites in response to the differing needs of their Site Members and Visitors, and to ensure that ongoing administration is carried out in terms of industry best practice.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and tailor sites to users specified needs.
- Successfully manage single or multiple sites on a daily basis.
- Respond to user’s requests for additional permissions / site access.
- Liaise with IT technical departments on SharePoint functionality using common technical vocabulary.
SharePoint 2010 Architecture and Site Model (5 topics)
- SharePoint 2010 vs. 2007
- Roles Within Your Organisation
- Web Apps, Site Collections and Sub-Sites
- Site Navigation and Admin Tools
- Building Effective Structures
Customising Libraries (5 topics)
- Libraries, Lists and Views
- Libraries with Legacy Functionality
- Libraries with Ribbon Functionality
- Customising Libraries & Lists
- Saving Custom Lists to Site Gallery
Advanced Library Customisation (7 topics)
- Using Content Types In Libraries
- Using Document Sets in Libraries
- Customising the Document Information Panel (DIP)
- Workflow Administration in Site & Libraries
- Viewing Social Tagging Metadata
- Creating Managed Metadata For Use in Lists & Libraries
- Using Metadata Navigation
Creation of Sites (6 topics)
- Standard Site Templates
- Publishing Site Templates
- Collaborative Workspaces and Blogs
- Creating and Managing Site Solutions
- Using Site Pages
- Modifying Site Navigation
Page Design and Editing (4 topics)
- Modifying Web Parts
- Creating Views and Linking to Web Parts
- Adding Images and Text
- Look and Feel
Working with Site Permissions (5 topics)
- SharePoint Groups
- Permission Levels
- Granular Permissions
- Permissions Hierarchy
- Communication with Users
Before attending this course, students should:
- Have good computer literacy levels and have be competent in the Office application suite 2007/2010.
- Have solid end user experience with either SharePoint 2007 or 2010.
- Have a clear understanding of what is expected of them by their organisation / line manager on how their newly developed skills will be used to create and manage sites back in the workplace.