Microsoft SharePoint 2010 - Web Publishing
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to modify a SharePoint 2010 Web Publishing site. This course is aimed at users who need to create Intranet or Internet based web content, but either do not have the experience to work with web designers or are restricted from using them in the business. This course also acts as a good foundation course for beginners who later wish to attend the SharePoint Designer 2010 courses or use the product.
You will discover how to create Web Publishing sites, as well as plan and develop the content. You will also experience the Web Publishing Workflows and see how to correctly use them to maintain web publishing sites correctly.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Create Web Publishing sites and content.
- Add web parts to content pages and bind them to SharePoint information.
- Format web content using font formatting, styles and HTML.
- Create / manage workflows to enforce policy and procedure to Web Publishing.
- Use Site Analytics reports to view the usage and effectiveness of your sites.
Configuring a Web Site3 topics
- Web Site Design
- Site Permissions
- Site Content Environment
Web Page Authoring3 topics
- Working with Web Pages
- Web Parts
- Content Regions
Content Administration4 topics
- Check Out/In
- Managing Versions
- Workflow Administration
Content Editing7 topics
- Editing Content
- Wiki Links
- Inserting Pictures
- Inserting Multimedia
- Office Application Content
- Smart Client Authoring (SCA)
Web Analytics5 topics
- Analytics Reports
- Custom Web Analytics Reports
- Web Analytics Workflows
- Web Analytics Web Part
- Best Bets Suggestions
PrerequisitesThis course requires delegates to meet the following prerequisites:
- A good understanding of Windows.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 7/8 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 equivalent to our 'SharePoint 2010 End-User â€“ Introduction' course.
- Experience with content equivalent to our 'SharePoint 2010 End-User â€“ Advanced Features' course is recommended but not essential.
- A good knowledge of Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for End Users - Introduction This 1-day course provides end-user delegates with the knowledge to carry out basic tasks in SharePoint 2010. code QASPEU10B next date December 09 in London and Manchester 14 other dates in 6 locations 1 day
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for End Users - Advanced Features This 1-day course provides end-user delegates with the knowledge required to carry out some of the more advanced tasks in SharePoint 2010. code QASPEU10A next date December 10 in London and Manchester 14 other dates in 7 locations 1 day
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.