|Price||Available on request|
The Basic NetApp Configuration and Administration course will get you started providing basic support and administrative tasks on NetApp® storage systems running the Data ONTAP® 8.0.1 7-Mode operating system. In this course you will learn how to perform basic administration tasks such as creating aggregates, volumes, qtrees, LUNS and managing administrative access.
This course includes interactive labs where the students will perform skills taught in the course. By the end of this course you will be getting started on how to apply administrative tasks on NetApp® storage systems running the Data ONTAP® 8.0.1 7- Mode operating system.
Course Objectives (9 topics)
- Explain the basic features and functions of DATA ONTAP 8.0.1 7-Mode
- Access the My Support knowledge base to obtain hardware and software documentation
- Identify basic NetApp hardware components including storage system, shelves
- Getting started on the use of My AutoSupport features and other customer self support tools
- Describe how the WAFL file system processes read and write requests
- Connect to a NetApp storage system through the NetApp System Manager
- Getting started with Network administration on Data ONTAP
- Getting started on applying system administration tasks to manage and protect data
- Apply message logging and NetApp support features to maintain a NetApp storage system
- Data ONTAP 8.0 7-Mode Fundamentals WBT
- Introduction to NetApp Products WBT
NetApp Data OnTap 7.3 Fundamentals
5 Day OnTap Course which covers the basic administration topics on NetApp Storage appliances running the Data OnTap Operating System.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT