|Price||Available on request|
Learn the latest features in PowerHA. Learn to: effectively administer and monitor a IBM PowerHA for AIX cluster; implement PowerHA for the more complex advanced AIX configuration options; and perform problem determination on a PowerHA for AIX cluster.
This advanced course is for experienced AIX system administrators and support personnel who are responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of PowerHA clusters on IBM Power p systems running AIX.
- Review fundamental PowerHA for AIX concepts and components.
- Understand what is new with PowerHA for AIX V5.5.
- Use the more complex extended path configuration options.
- Determine the status of the cluster and cluster components.
- Integrate applications into PowerHA for AIX.
Day 1 (4 topics)
- Unit 1: PowerHA review
- Exercise 1: Create a cluster
- Unit 2: PowerHA extended configuration and migration
- Exercise 2: Extended configuration and migration Part 1
Day 2 (4 topics)
- Unit 2: PowerHA extended configuration and migration (continued)
- Unit 3: Determining the cluster status
- Exercise 2: Extended configuration and migration Part 2
- Exercise 3: Monitoring and notification
Day 3 (4 topics)
- Unit 4: Application integration
- Exercise 4: Application integration (TSM)
- Unit 5: Problem Determination Overview
- Exercise 5: Cluster Tools / Failures and Logs
Day 4 (4 topics)
- Unit 6: Application and Event Script problems
- Exercise 6: Application and Event Script problems
- Unit 7: LVM and C-SPOC problems
- Exercise 7: LVM configuration problems
Day 5 (3 topics)
- Unit 8: Networking and RSCT problems
- Exercise 8: Network and RSCT problems
- Open lab time
You should have experience installing and performing standard PowerHA for AIX configuration functions, which can be obtained by attending one of the following courses:
- PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration (AN410) or (AX410) or
- HACMP Systems Administration I: Planning and Implementation (AU540)
- or equivalent experience.
- The AIX operating system
- The IBM server hardware they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP communications concepts and tools
- LVM concepts and configuration
- Good Korn Shell script programming
PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration
PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration is a 5-day training course preparing students to configure a cluster using PowerHA for AIX.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Very good overview of technologies new and old.”— Broadcast Engineer, Formula 1
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT