Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
PowerHA for AIX II: Extended Administration and Problem Determination
Learn the latest features in PowerHA. Learn to: effectively administer and monitor a IBM PowerHA for AIX cluster; implement PowerHA for the more complex advanced AIX configuration options; and perform problem determination on a PowerHA for AIX cluster.
This advanced course is for experienced AIX system administrators and support personnel who are responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of PowerHA clusters on IBM Power p systems running AIX.
- Review fundamental PowerHA for AIX concepts and components.
- Understand what is new with PowerHA for AIX V5.5.
- Use the more complex extended path configuration options.
- Determine the status of the cluster and cluster components.
- Integrate applications into PowerHA for AIX.
Day 1 (4 topics)
- Unit 1: PowerHA review
- Exercise 1: Create a cluster
- Unit 2: PowerHA extended configuration and migration
- Exercise 2: Extended configuration and migration Part 1
Day 2 (4 topics)
- Unit 2: PowerHA extended configuration and migration (continued)
- Unit 3: Determining the cluster status
- Exercise 2: Extended configuration and migration Part 2
- Exercise 3: Monitoring and notification
Day 3 (4 topics)
- Unit 4: Application integration
- Exercise 4: Application integration (TSM)
- Unit 5: Problem Determination Overview
- Exercise 5: Cluster Tools / Failures and Logs
Day 4 (4 topics)
- Unit 6: Application and Event Script problems
- Exercise 6: Application and Event Script problems
- Unit 7: LVM and C-SPOC problems
- Exercise 7: LVM configuration problems
Day 5 (3 topics)
- Unit 8: Networking and RSCT problems
- Exercise 8: Network and RSCT problems
- Open lab time
- PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration (AN410) or (AX410) or
- HACMP Systems Administration I: Planning and Implementation (AU540)
- or equivalent experience.
- The AIX operating system
- The IBM server hardware they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP communications concepts and tools
- LVM concepts and configuration
- Good Korn Shell script programming
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor