PowerHA for AIX II: Extended Administration and Problem Determination
Learn the latest features in PowerHA. Learn to: effectively administer and monitor a IBM PowerHA for AIX cluster; implement PowerHA for the more complex advanced AIX configuration options; and perform problem determination on a PowerHA for AIX cluster.
This advanced course is for experienced AIX system administrators and support personnel who are responsible for the administration, maintenance, and implementation of PowerHA clusters on IBM Power p systems running AIX.
- Review fundamental PowerHA for AIX concepts and components.
- Understand what is new with PowerHA for AIX V5.5.
- Use the more complex extended path configuration options.
- Determine the status of the cluster and cluster components.
- Integrate applications into PowerHA for AIX.
Day 14 topics
- Unit 1: PowerHA review
- Exercise 1: Create a cluster
- Unit 2: PowerHA extended configuration and migration
- Exercise 2: Extended configuration and migration Part 1
Day 24 topics
- Unit 2: PowerHA extended configuration and migration (continued)
- Unit 3: Determining the cluster status
- Exercise 2: Extended configuration and migration Part 2
- Exercise 3: Monitoring and notification
Day 34 topics
- Unit 4: Application integration
- Exercise 4: Application integration (TSM)
- Unit 5: Problem Determination Overview
- Exercise 5: Cluster Tools / Failures and Logs
Day 44 topics
- Unit 6: Application and Event Script problems
- Exercise 6: Application and Event Script problems
- Unit 7: LVM and C-SPOC problems
- Exercise 7: LVM configuration problems
Day 53 topics
- Unit 8: Networking and RSCT problems
- Exercise 8: Network and RSCT problems
- Open lab time
PrerequisitesYou should have experience installing and performing standard PowerHA for AIX configuration functions, which can be obtained by attending one of the following courses:
- PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration (AN410) or (AX410) or
- HACMP Systems Administration I: Planning and Implementation (AU540)
- or equivalent experience.
- The AIX operating system
- The IBM server hardware they are using
- The principles of good system management
- TCP/IP communications concepts and tools
- LVM concepts and configuration
- Good Korn Shell script programming
- PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration is a 5-day training course preparing students to configure a cluster using PowerHA for AIX. code AN41GB onsite only 5 days
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.