PowerHA for AIX I: Implementation, Configuration and Administration
Learn to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA for AIX. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 6.1 level system.
This course is for experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX LVM experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of an PowerHA 5.5 cluster on an IBM power systems server running AIX 5L V5.3 or later.
- Explain what high availability is.
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA for AIX.
- Design and plan a highly available cluster.
- Install and configure PowerHA for AIX in the following modes of operation: Single resource group on a primary node with standby node; and Two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration.
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies.
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA.
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA.
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery.
Day 14 topics
- Unit 1 - Introduction to PowerHA for AIX 5L
- Unit 2 - Basic Application and resource group considerations
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
Day 26 topics
- Unit 3 - Basic Network considerations
- Unit 4 - Shared storage considerations for high availability
- Unit 5 - Initial cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
Day 36 topics
- Unit 6 - Verification and basic monitoring
- Unit 7 - Additional network and application considerations
- Unit 8 - Additional cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 6
- Exercise 7
- Exercise 8
Day 44 topics
- Unit 9 - Basic PowerHA administration
- Unit 10 - Events
- Exercise 9
- Exercise 10
You should be an AIX system administrator and have TCP/ IP, LVM storage and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12) or (AX12)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15) or (AX15)
- or through equivalent experience.
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration This 5-day course provides delegates with the skills required to install, customize and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER partitioned environment. code AN12GB onsite only 5 days
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination This 5-day course provides advanced AIX system administrator skills with a focus on availability and problem determination. code AN15GB onsite only 5 days
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.