|Price||Available on request|
Learn to install and configure a highly available cluster using PowerHA for AIX. The lab exercises are conducted on an AIX 6.1 level system.
This course is for experienced AIX system administrators with TCP/IP networking and AIX LVM experience who are responsible for the planning and installation of an PowerHA 5.5 cluster on an IBM power systems server running AIX 5L V5.3 or later.
- Explain what high availability is.
- Outline the capabilities of PowerHA for AIX.
- Design and plan a highly available cluster.
- Install and configure PowerHA for AIX in the following modes of operation: Single resource group on a primary node with standby node; and Two resource groups in a mutual takeover configuration.
- Configure resource group startup, fallover, and fallback policies.
- Perform basic system administration tasks for PowerHA.
- Perform basic customization for PowerHA.
- Perform basic problem determination and recovery.
Day 1 (4 topics)
- Unit 1 - Introduction to PowerHA for AIX 5L
- Unit 2 - Basic Application and resource group considerations
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
Day 2 (6 topics)
- Unit 3 - Basic Network considerations
- Unit 4 - Shared storage considerations for high availability
- Unit 5 - Initial cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 3
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
Day 3 (6 topics)
- Unit 6 - Verification and basic monitoring
- Unit 7 - Additional network and application considerations
- Unit 8 - Additional cluster configuration steps
- Exercise 6
- Exercise 7
- Exercise 8
Day 4 (4 topics)
- Unit 9 - Basic PowerHA administration
- Unit 10 - Events
- Exercise 9
- Exercise 10
You should be an AIX system administrator and have TCP/ IP, LVM storage and disk hardware implementation skills. These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12) or (AX12)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15) or (AX15)
- or through equivalent experience.
Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
This 5-day course provides delegates with the skills required to install, customize and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER partitioned environment.
Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination
This 5-day course provides advanced AIX system administrator skills with a focus on availability and problem determination.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Very good overview of technologies new and old.”— Broadcast Engineer, Formula 1
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT