Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment. This course is based on AIX 6.1 running on a Power6 system managed by HMC version 7. This course is also appropriate for prior releases of AIX and has a high practical content.
- Install the AIX operating system, filesets and RPM packages.
- Perform system startup and shutdown.
- Understand and use system management tools, focusing on SMIT and IBM systems director console for
- Manage physical and logical devices.
- Understand the logical volume manager.
- Perform logical volume and file system management.
- Create and manage user and group accounts.
- Perform and restore system backups.
- Utilize administrative subsystems, including cron to schedule system tasks, and security to implement
- customized access of files and directories.
- Configure TCP/IP networking.
- Understand and Implementation Workload Partitions.
Day 14 topics
- Unit 1 - Introduction to IBM POWER p systems, AIX and System Administration
- Unit 2 - AIX System Management Tools
- Unit 3 - System startup and shutdown
- Unit 4 - AIX installation
Day 24 topics
- Unit 5 - AIX Software installation and maintenance
- Unit 6 - System configuration and devices
- Unit 7 - System storage overview
- Unit 8 - Working with the Logical Volume Manager
Day 33 topics
- Unit 9 - Managing file systems
- Unit 10 - Paging space
- Unit 11 - Backup and restore
Day 43 topics
- Unit 12 - Security and user administration
- Unit 13 - Scheduling
- Unit 14 - TCP/IP Networking Overview
Day 52 topics
- Unit 15 - Workload Partitions
- Open Lab Time
PrerequisitesYou should be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use the command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use a graphic Common Desktop Environment (CDE) interface
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.