|Price||Available on request|
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment. This course is based on AIX 6.1 running on a Power6 system managed by HMC version 7. This course is also appropriate for prior releases of AIX and has a high practical content.
- Install the AIX operating system, filesets and RPM packages.
- Perform system startup and shutdown.
- Understand and use system management tools, focusing on SMIT and IBM systems director console for
- Manage physical and logical devices.
- Understand the logical volume manager.
- Perform logical volume and file system management.
- Create and manage user and group accounts.
- Perform and restore system backups.
- Utilize administrative subsystems, including cron to schedule system tasks, and security to implement
- customized access of files and directories.
- Configure TCP/IP networking.
- Understand and Implementation Workload Partitions.
Day 1 (4 topics)
- Unit 1 - Introduction to IBM POWER p systems, AIX and System Administration
- Unit 2 - AIX System Management Tools
- Unit 3 - System startup and shutdown
- Unit 4 - AIX installation
Day 2 (4 topics)
- Unit 5 - AIX Software installation and maintenance
- Unit 6 - System configuration and devices
- Unit 7 - System storage overview
- Unit 8 - Working with the Logical Volume Manager
Day 3 (3 topics)
- Unit 9 - Managing file systems
- Unit 10 - Paging space
- Unit 11 - Backup and restore
Day 4 (3 topics)
- Unit 12 - Security and user administration
- Unit 13 - Scheduling
- Unit 14 - TCP/IP Networking Overview
Day 5 (2 topics)
- Unit 15 - Workload Partitions
- Open Lab Time
You should be able to:
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use the command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use a graphic Common Desktop Environment (CDE) interface
A 3-day Training Course on AIX Basics; Gain a practical knowledge of the AIX Operating System, the command structures and the editor facilities.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Very good overview of technologies new and old.”— Broadcast Engineer, Formula 1
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT