Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and Performance
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Learn to implement advanced PowerVM features such as Active Memory Sharing, Shared Dedicated Processors, Multiple Shared Processor Pools, N_Port Virtualization, and Remote Live Partition Mobility.
This course focuses on the features that relate to the performance of the POWER6 processor, AIX 6.1, and the special monitoring, configuring, and tuning needs of logical partitions (LPARs). This course does not cover application monitoring and tuning.
You will learn skills to implement, measure, analyze, and tune PowerVM virtualization features for optimal performance on IBM System p servers.
You will also learn about the AIX 6.1 performance analysis and tuning tools that enable an administrator to take advantage of the Micro-Partitioning and other virtualization features of the System p servers.
Hands-on lab exercises reinforce each lecture and give the students practical experience.
Day 1 (4 topics)
- Unit 1 - PowerVM features Review
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to the Lab environment
- Unit 2 - Processor Virtualization Tuning
- Exercise 2 - SMT and Micro-Partitioning
Day 2 (5 topics)
- Exercise 2 - SMT and Micro-Partitioning (con't)
- Unit 3 - Shared Dedicated Capacity and Multiple Shared Processor Pools
- Exercise 3 - Configuring Multiple Shared Processor Pools
- Unit 4 - Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 4 - Configuring Active Memory Sharing
Day 3 (4 topics)
- Exercise 4 - Configuring Active Memory Sharing (con't)
- Unit 5 - N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)
- Unit 6 - I/O Devices Virtualization Performance and Tuning
- Exercise 6 - Virtual I/O Server, vSCSI, Virtual Ethernet and shared Ethernet Adapter
Day 4 (4 topics)
- Exercise 6 - Virtual I/O Server, vSCSI, Virtual Ethernet and shared Ethernet Adapter (con't)
- Unit 7 - Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise 7 - Live Partition Mobility implementation
- Unit 8 -PowerVM Advanced System Maintenance
Day 5 (2 topics)
- Exercise 8 - PowerVM Maintenance
- Unit 9 - Virtualization Management Tools