Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and Performance
Learn to implement advanced PowerVM features such as Active Memory Sharing, Shared Dedicated Processors, Multiple Shared Processor Pools, N_Port Virtualization, and Remote Live Partition Mobility.
This course focuses on the features that relate to the performance of the POWER6 processor, AIX 6.1, and the special monitoring, configuring, and tuning needs of logical partitions (LPARs). This course does not cover application monitoring and tuning.
You will learn skills to implement, measure, analyze, and tune PowerVM virtualization features for optimal performance on IBM System p servers.
You will also learn about the AIX 6.1 performance analysis and tuning tools that enable an administrator to take advantage of the Micro-Partitioning and other virtualization features of the System p servers.
Hands-on lab exercises reinforce each lecture and give the students practical experience.
Day 14 topics
- Unit 1 - PowerVM features Review
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to the Lab environment
- Unit 2 - Processor Virtualization Tuning
- Exercise 2 - SMT and Micro-Partitioning
Day 25 topics
- Exercise 2 - SMT and Micro-Partitioning (con't)
- Unit 3 - Shared Dedicated Capacity and Multiple Shared Processor Pools
- Exercise 3 - Configuring Multiple Shared Processor Pools
- Unit 4 - Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 4 - Configuring Active Memory Sharing
Day 34 topics
- Exercise 4 - Configuring Active Memory Sharing (con't)
- Unit 5 - N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV)
- Unit 6 - I/O Devices Virtualization Performance and Tuning
- Exercise 6 - Virtual I/O Server, vSCSI, Virtual Ethernet and shared Ethernet Adapter
Day 44 topics
- Exercise 6 - Virtual I/O Server, vSCSI, Virtual Ethernet and shared Ethernet Adapter (con't)
- Unit 7 - Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise 7 - Live Partition Mobility implementation
- Unit 8 -PowerVM Advanced System Maintenance
Day 52 topics
- Exercise 8 - PowerVM Maintenance
- Unit 9 - Virtualization Management Tools
Students should complete Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Planning and Configuration (AN11) or (AX11) or Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30) or (AX30) or have equivalent LPAR skills.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.