NetApp SAN Implementation Workshop 3.0
This workshop shows how to connect Windows, vSphere, and Linux hosts using FC and iSCSI protocols into a NetApp storage area network (SAN).
This course is intended for those who implement SAN solutions using NetApp storage systems.
Course Objectives6 topics
- Define and describe storage area networks using Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP) and Internet SCSI (iSCSI)
- Configure Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere (ESX 4.0), Red Hat 5.3, and Data ONTAP for iSCSI connectivity
- Configure Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere (ESX 4.0), Red Hat 5.3, and Data ONTAP for FC connectivity
- Create and access a LUN by way of FCP and iSCSI from Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere (ESX 4.0), and Red Hat 5.3
- Install and use SnapDrive for Windows and SnapDrive for Linux to create LUNs, Snapshot LUNs, restore LUNs from a Snapshot copy, and remove LUNs
- Size, clone, back up and recover LUNs on Windows Server 2008 R2, vSphere (ESX 4.0), and Red Hat 5.3 Troubleshoot SAN connectivity and performance issues
NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA) or SAN Administration on Data ONTAP 7.3 course or ANCDA course, or Working knowledge of NetApp-specific SAN implementation techniques, such as iscsi, fcp, igroup and lun commands.
- Accelerated NCDA Boot Camp Data ONTAP 7.3 This 5-day boot camp course prepares delegates for the NetApp Certified Data Administrator certification. code NA-ANCDA onsite only 5 days
- SAN Administration on Data ONTAP 7.3 This 3-day course provides the skills required for support and administration of FC and IP SAN environments running the Data ONTAP operating system. code NA-SAN onsite only 3 days
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.