CIFS Administration on Data ONTAP 7.3
CIFS Administration on Data ONTAP® is an instructor-led course designed for those who provide support and administration for a CIFS environment on NetApp storage systems running the Data ONTAP operating system. The course covers the different server environments where a storage system can support Windows® client users; the licensing and setting up of CIFS on the storage system; configuring files and options; administering a storage system including creating and managing shares, users, and groups; and troubleshooting CIFS problems.
Course Objectives9 topics
- Describe the different CIFS environments
- Identify the appropriate server environment for your storage system to support Windows client users
- Configure the CIFS environment on a storage system by licensing CIFS
- Configure files and options on the storage system
- Administer a storage system in a CIFS environment including creating and managing shares, users, groups, and sessions
- Understand group policy objects and file blocking
- Review approaches to harden security for a storage system in a CIFS environment
- Collect CIFS performance statistics with storage system commands and tools
- Explain how to troubleshoot basic CIFS problems
- Data ONTAP Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- Introduction to Network Appliance Products, v4 (WBT).
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.