|Price||Available on request|
CIFS Administration on Data ONTAP® is an instructor-led course designed for those who provide support and administration for a CIFS environment on NetApp storage systems running the Data ONTAP operating system. The course covers the different server environments where a storage system can support Windows® client users; the licensing and setting up of CIFS on the storage system; configuring files and options; administering a storage system including creating and managing shares, users, and groups; and troubleshooting CIFS problems.
Course Objectives (9 topics)
- Describe the different CIFS environments
- Identify the appropriate server environment for your storage system to support Windows client users
- Configure the CIFS environment on a storage system by licensing CIFS
- Configure files and options on the storage system
- Administer a storage system in a CIFS environment including creating and managing shares, users, groups, and sessions
- Understand group policy objects and file blocking
- Review approaches to harden security for a storage system in a CIFS environment
- Collect CIFS performance statistics with storage system commands and tools
- Explain how to troubleshoot basic CIFS problems
- Data ONTAP Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- Introduction to Network Appliance Products, v4 (WBT).
NetApp Data OnTap 7.3 Fundamentals
5 Day OnTap Course which covers the basic administration topics on NetApp Storage appliances running the Data OnTap Operating System.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT