M50402: Implementing Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
This three-day instructor-led course prepares you to design and deploy remote access solutions using Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 (UAG). Forefront UAG provides organizations with unparalleled flexibility in providing access to network resources (such as Web sites and internal applications) with granular access control, custom content protection, and endpoint validation. Forefront UAG also integrates with DirectAccess, a new Windows 7 technology that provides seamless remote access to all corporate resources without connecting to a virtual private network. This course is intended for architects, consultants, network administrators, and technical sales professionals who are responsible for selling, designing, and deploying edge access solutions for enterprises.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Install and configure Forefront UAG as a standalone server or an array member.
- Publish Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, and Remote Desktop Gateway applications to external users.
- Configure Forefront UAG to authenticate and authorize users, and enforce security policies on clients.
- Use Forefront UAG as a gateway for DirectAccess clients.
- Understand the design and deployment considerations when building an enterprise access solution using Forefront UAG.
Forefront UAG Overview3 topics
- Microsoft Business Ready Security Strategy (BRS)
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway Architecture
- Licensing and Availability
Forefront Unified Access Gateway Setup and Upgrade3 topics
- Installing Forefront UAG
- Initial Configuration
- Lab: Install Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
Forefront UAG Portal4 topics
- Trunks and Portals
- Portal Customization
- Client Detection
- Lab: Create and Configure a Portal Trunk
Publishing Web Applications5 topics
- Web Publishing Overview
- Publishing Microsoft Exchange
- Publishing Microsoft SharePoint
- Deploying Federation with AD FS
- Lab: Publishing Exchange Applications
Remote Desktop Gateway Publishing3 topics
- Remote Desktop Publishing Overview
- Deploying RD Gateway Publishing
- Lab: Publishing Remote Desktop Services
Remote Network Access4 topics
- Remote Network Access Overview
- UAG/SSTP Integration Architecture
- Configuring Remote Network Access
- Lab: Remote Network Access using SSTP
IPv6 and IPv6 Transition Technologies3 topics
- IPv6 Overview
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Lab: IPv6 and ISATAP
- DirectAccess Overview
- DirectAccess Solution Components
- Planning a DirectAccess Deployment
- Deploying DirectAccess Using Forefront UAG
- Lab: Deploying DirectAccess
Endpoint Security Policies and NAP Integration3 topics
- Endpoint Policies
- Network Access Protection Integration
- Lab: Endpoint Policies and Network Access Protection
Array Management4 topics
- Forefront UAG Array Management Overview
- Deploying and Operating Forefront UAG Arrays
- Network Load Balancing Integration
- Lab: Configuring Forefront UAG Arrays
Enterprise Deployment and Troubleshooting2 topics
- Deploying Forefront UAG in Enterprise Environments
- Supporting and Troubleshooting Forefront UAG
Solid understanding of Windows networking. Experience with IPv6 is desirable but not required. Working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP, and RADIUS authentication. Basic understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.