BCS Specialist Certificate in Change Management
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course provides candidates with an understanding of the principles of, and practical experience, of using industry best practice involved in the prioritising and assessing of changes, authorising changes, managing the building, testing and implementation of changes, reviewing changes and the planning and implementation of the change process, leading to a Specialist qualification in Change Management.
This qualification reflects the general industry best practices currently in use in IT Service Management (ITSM) and particularly Change Management. The subject matter within this qualification is based on industry best practice, frameworks and guidelines including ITIL, COBIT and ISO/IEC 20000. This qualification forms part of the ‘ITSM Specialist’ series.
This course is aimed at:
- Individuals who require a working knowledge of the industry best practice used in Change Management and how it may be used to enhance the quality of ITSM within an organisation.
- IT professionals who are working within an organisation which has adopted and adapted some of these practices and are required to deliver or improve Change Management within an ongoing Service Improvement Programme (SIP).
The examination is a 1½ hours "closed book", multiple-choice paper. There are 25 questions which are scenario based. Normally, the examination will be held on-site at the conclusion of the course. However, ISEB will normally also arrange four central examinations per year in March, June, September and December; please contact the ISEB for further details.
Course Topics (17 topics)
- Explain the goals and objectives of Change Management
- Understand and explain processes and roles of Change Management
- Use different approaches to, and application of, standards, industry best practice Frameworks and guidelines, relevant to Change Management
- Develop and improve the customer and business focus of Change Management
- Prioritise and assess the impact of proposed changes
- Access and manage the risk, benefit and cost of proposed changes
- Manage the authorisation process
- Manage changes through their lifecycle
- Define and agree change models and standard changes
- Produce and manage forward schedules of change
- Co-ordinate, schedule, target and focus resources on managing changes, based on Priorities
- Oversee and manage the building, testing and implementation of authorised changes
- Be aware of the support tools and techniques available for the implementation and support of Change Management, where possible identifying and instigating Improvements
- Analyse change records, reports and statistics and propose resolutions to reduce the number of failed changes by proactively preventing failed changes, in conjunction with Problem Management
- Produce Change Management reports for dissemination and interpret and use their contents
- Understand the interdependencies between Change Management and other IT areas and processes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Change Management
- Possession of the ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in Service Management or the ITIL V2 Foundation Certificate in Service Management plus the Bridging Certificate is mandatory before the qualification can be awarded.
- Candidates who do not yet hold either of the above (e.g. they are waiting for their Foundation result) will have their exam result withheld until they can provide evidence of certification.
- On attending the course please ensure you provide documented evidence that you have passed the ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certificate or ITIL Version 2-3 Foundation Bridge Certificate, by either presenting your certificate (or a copy of your certificate) to the course lecturer. If you cannot provide the physical certificate, then as a minimum you must provide the certificate number. If the exam board was not ISEB, you must also provide the name of the examination board who issued the certificate. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in you exam results being withheld by the exam accreditation body. If you have lost your certificate or you do not have a record of your certificate number please contact ISEB directly before attending the course. ISEB can be contacted on the following number 01793 417655.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library.