Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
M50357: Implementing Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to envision, design, and deploy web access, remote access and mail protection solutions using Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 (TMG), enabling them to identify the requirements and make the appropriate design decisions that will come up during the deployment process, and providing hands-on experience with the products.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Understand the new features and the value proposition for Forefront TMG.
- Explain how Forefront TMG protects clients and servers from Web-based threats.
- Describe how Forefront TMG enable outside systems to secure connect to internal services and applications.
- Describe how Forefront TMG integrates with Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 to protect an organization from mail-based threats.
- Design an enterprise solution using Forefront TMG considering availability, scalability, operations, and migration from an existing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) solution.
Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Overview (13 topics)
- Introduction to Forefront TMG
- Installation and Initial Setup
- Basic Configuration Concepts
- Lab: Installing Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- Install Forefront TMG on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server
- Perform an initial configuration of Forefront TMG using the Getting Started wizards
- After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe a brief history of the Microsoft edge security products.
- Explain the current threat landscape and how this drove changes in the edge security strategy.
- List the new features in Forefront TMG and their value propositions.
- Describe the key scenarios for Forefront TMG and how it differentiates from Microsoft IAG/UAG.
- Describe the SKU differentiation and subscription model.
- Explain the installation requirements and install process for Forefront TMG.
Secure Web Gateway (9 topics)
- Secure Web Gateway Overview
- HTTPS Inspection
- URL Filtering
- Malware Protection
- Intrusion Prevention
- Lab: Secure Web Gateway
- Create web access policies for Contoso users, including inspection of HTTPS sessions
- Modify web access policy to include protection from malware
- Investigate the Network Inspection System (NIS)
Remote Access Gateway (6 topics)
- Remote Access Gateway Overview
- Non-HTTP Server Publishing
- Web Publishing
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN) Connectivity
- Lab: Remote Access Gateway
- Use Web Publishing to publish Exchange Web Services
Secure Mail Relay (9 topics)
- Secure Mail Relay Overview
- Solution Components
- Configuring SMTP Protection
- Lab: Secure Mail Relay
- Install Active Directory LDS and Exchange Edge Server
- Install Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server
- Install Forefront Threat Management Gateway
- Configure Exchange EdgeSync
- Define an E-mail Policy
Forefront TMG 2010 Design and Deployment Considerations (4 topics)
- Logical Design Considerations
- Scalability and Availability
- Client Configuration
- Migration Options
* A good understanding of Active Directory and Group Policies. * A good understanding of Windows TCP/IP networking.