|Price||Available on request|
This five-day instructor-led course provides the knowledge and skills to design, optimize, and maintain a database administrative solution for Microsoft SQL Server 2008. The primary audience of this course is IT professionals who design and maintain SQL Server databases. The audience can also comprise technical architects and consultants who design and implement SQL Server solutions. Students taking this course are expected to have three or more years of experience working on databases for two or more of the following phases in the product lifecycle – design, development, deployment, optimization, maintenance, or support.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Implement an administrative solution for SQL Server 2008.
- Deploy SQL Server 2008.
- Design the physical structure for SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for maintaining SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for managing SQL Server 2008.
- Automate the database managing strategy for SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for securing databases in SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for monitoring SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for content distribution in SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for replication in SQL Server 2008.
- Design a high availability solution for SQL Server 2008.
- Design a strategy for backup and recovery in SQL Server 2008.
Designing an Administrative Solution for SQL Server 2008 (4 topics)
- Overview of SQL Server 2008
- Designing an Administrative Solution
- Developing and Deploying an Administrative Solution for SQL Server 2008
- Implementing an Administrative Solution in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
Deploying SQL Server 2008 (3 topics)
- System Requirements for SQL Server 2008
- Upgrading and Migrating to SQL Server 2008
- Configuring Instances in SQL Server 2008
Designing the Physical Structure of SQL Server 2008 (3 topics)
- Introduction to the Physical Structure of a Database
- Planning for Partitioning
- Planning for Full-Text Indexing
Designing a Strategy for Maintaining a Database in SQL Server 2008 (3 topics)
- Designing a Strategy for Maintaining Statistics for a Database
- Designing a Strategy for Maintaining Indexes
- Designing a Strategy for Database Compression
Designing Solutions for Managing SQL Server 2008 (3 topics)
- Designing a Policy-Based Management Strategy
- Controlling Resource Usage by using Resource Governor
- Auditing Database Changes
Automating the Database Management Strategy for SQL Server 2008 (3 topics)
- Managing SQL Server Agent
- Automating Administrative Tasks in SQL Server
- Monitoring Events in SQL Server
Designing a Strategy for Securing SQL Server 2008 (4 topics)
- Securing SQL Server 2008 Instances
- Planning Database Security
- Managing Certificate and Keys in SQL Server 2008
- Implementing Database Encryption
Designing a Strategy for Monitoring SQL Server 2008 (4 topics)
- Overview of Monitoring SQL Server 2008
- Monitoring SQL Server Instances
- Monitoring SQL Server Databases
- Monitoring Multiple SQL Servers by Using Data Collection
Designing a Strategy for Content Distribution in SQL Server 2008 (5 topics)
- Distributing Data in SQL Server 2008
- Working with Distributed Queries
- Managing Distributed Content by Using Distributed Transactions
- Managing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Packages
- Setting Up Scalable Shared Databases
Designing a Strategy for Replication in SQL Server 2008 (3 topics)
- Designing a Database Replication Strategy
- Implementing Content Distribution by using Replication
- Configuring a High-Availability Solution by Using Replication
Designing a High-Availability Solution for SQL Server 2008 (5 topics)
- Introduction to High Availability
- Implementing Log Shipping
- Implementing Database Mirroring
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Designing a High-Availability Strategy
Designing a Backup and Recovery Strategy for SQL Server 2008 (4 topics)
- Planning a Backup Strategy
- Planning a Recovery strategy
- Designing a Backup and Recovery Strategy
- Implementing a Repair Strategy
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor