Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
M10175: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Application Development
This course provides existing .NET developers with practical information and labs that enables them to build solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 platform.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the SharePoint 2010 development platform and the benefits and features that it offers to developers.
- Use development tools that are integrated with the SharePoint 2010 development platform, such as Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Develop Web Parts for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop code that uses the server-side objects provided by the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop event receivers and manipulate application settings for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop solutions that access external data by using Business Connectivity Services.
- Develop workflows as part of SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop code that uses the client-side objects provided by the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop server ribbon controls and client dialogs for the new user interface platform of SharePoint 2010.
- Develop Microsoft Silverlight applications that are integrated with SharePoint 2010 data and solutions.
- Develop sandboxed solutions for SharePoint 2010.
- Develop code that uses the taxonomic and user profile services of the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop code that uses the content management services of the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
This course is intended for professional developers who use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1. The audience understands how to use the new features of SharePoint 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.
Introduction to the SharePoint 2010 Development Platform (4 topics)
- SharePoint 2010 as a Development Platform
- SharePoint 2010 Object Hierarchy
- Working with SharePoint 2010 Objects
- Lab: Developing with the SharePoint 2010 Object Hierarchy
Using SharePoint 2010 Developer Tools (4 topics)
- Developing SharePoint Sites by Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Developing SharePoint Solutions by Using Visual Studio 2010
- Packaging and Deploying SharePoint 2010 Solutions
- Using SharePoint 2010 Developer Tools
Developing SharePoint 2010 Web Parts (4 topics)
- Developing Standard Web Parts
- Developing Connected Web Parts
- Developing Visual Web Parts
- Creating SharePoint 2010 Web Parts by Using Visual Studio 2010
Working with SharePoint Objects on the Server (4 topics)
- Working with SharePoint Sites Programmatically
- Working with SharePoint Lists Programmatically
- Working with List Data Programmatically
- Lab: Creating and Manipulating Server-Side Objects
Creating Event Receivers and Application Settings (3 topics)
- Creating Event Receivers
- Working with Web.Config Programmatically
- Lab: Creating Event Receivers and Web.Config Modifications
Developing Solutions by Using Business Connectivity Services (4 topics)
- Business Connectivity Services Overview
- Developing External Content Types and Lists by Using SharePoint Designer
- Developing Business Connectivity Services Solutions by Using Visual Studio 2010
- Lab: Building Business Connectivity Services Solutions
Developing SharePoint 2010 Workflows (3 topics)
- Creating Workflows with SharePoint Designer
- Creating Workflows with Visual Studio 2010
- Lab: Creating Workflows for SharePoint 2010
Working with Client-Based APIs for SharePoint 2010 (3 topics)
- Overview of the SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model
- Working with the SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model in .NET Applications
- Developing .NET Applications by Using the SharePoint Client Object Model
Developing Interactive User Interfaces (3 topics)
- Creating Menu Items and Ribbon Controls
- Creating Client-Side Dialogs
- Lab: Developing User Interface Components for SharePoint 2010 Solution
Developing Silverlight Applications for SharePoint (3 topics)
- Creating Silverlight Applications for SharePoint 2010
- Deploying and Debugging Silverlight Applications for SharePoint 2010
- Developing Silverlight Applications by using the SharePoint Client Object Model
Developing Sandboxed Solutions (3 topics)
- Sandboxing and User Solutions
- Restrictions for Sandboxed Solutions
- Lab: Creating Sandboxed Solutions for SharePoint 2010
Working with SharePoint Server Profiles and Taxonomy APIs (3 topics)
- User Profiles
- Lab: Working with User Profiles and Taxonomies Programmatically
Developing Content Management Solutions (3 topics)
- Developing Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- Developing Web Content Management Solutions
- Lab: Branding SharePoint Sites
* An understanding of the problem-solving techniques that apply to software development * Approximately 12 months experience with ASP.NET 3.5 with Visual Studio 2008 (or later) * Approximately 1 month development experience with SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010 and VS2010 (includes beta releases) creating code that interacts with the SharePoint Server-side APIs * Experience performing end user tasks with SharePoint 2007 or SharePoint 2010 and an understanding of the purpose and use of the following: Lists; Documents and Libraries; Personalizing an SP page/site; Using MySites; Using SharePoint Designer