|Price||Available on request|
How good is the relationship you have with your vendors?
Do you always receive services to the same high standards as those you provide to your customers and clients, or is a poor working relationship undermining the organisation’s ability to perform its key role?
This workshop will help you build and maintain an effective client/vendor relationship, with a clear focus on continually improving standards in vendor service delivery in ways that are acceptable to both parties.
You will benefit from this course if you have responsibility for ensuring professional, productive relationships with partners and vendors.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate good vendor relationship behaviour
- Select the 5 vendor relationship behaviours that if improved will have the greatest impact on the service you receive
- Apply the criteria used for evaluating and selecting a vendor to anticipate potential problems
- Explain the relationship between agreed deliverables, quality measures, and vendor behaviour
- Monitor, manage and review the client/vendor relationship
- Recognise what motivates your vendor and use this knowledge to create win-win outcomes
- Use appropriate strategies for resolving conflict between you and your vendor
- Demonstrate assertive behaviours and identify opportunities for using them.
Course Topics (17 topics)
- Personal objectives for the course.
- What is your organisation's culture?
- The current client-vendor relationship.
- Benefits of working effectively with your vendor.
- Experiential learning activity.
- The client-vendor matrix.
- Client-vendor relationship competencies.
- The attitude-behaviour cycle.
- Building rapport and communication models.
- Questioning and listening skills.
- Objectives setting.
- Control mechanisms.
- Manipulation and defensiveness.
- Influencing strategies.
- Dealing with conflict.
- Assessing your methods of dealing with conflict and using appropriate modes.
- Completion of a personal action plan.