Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design
The Data Center Unified Computing Design (DCUCD) course provides you with the knowledge to design scalable, reliable and intelligent Data Center Unified Computing solutions incorporating Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Cisco Nexus family switches, Catalyst 6500 in Virtual Switching System (VSS), MDS family SAN switches with NX-OS, Data Center NetworkManager (DCNM) and MDS Fabric Manager configuration and management applications, VMware server virtualisation products and Linux and Microsoft Windows operating system. Hands-on labs will reinforce these design concepts and enable you to become familiar with the UCS environment.
- Understand Cisco Unified Computing solutions and identify server architecture.
- Identify and understand Cisco UCS components, management, system connectivity, high availability, and size Cisco Unified Computing System.
- Understand and design Cisco UCS server deployment.
- Identify Cisco Unified Computing solution management aspects.
- Understand and design Cisco Unified Computing network.
- Understand and design Cisco Unified Computing SAN.
- Identify historical performance characteristics, and reconnaissance and analysis tools, and determine aspects affecting the migration plan.
- Identify Cisco UCS deployments and describe solution advantages.
- Understand server virtualization and server virtualization networking.
- Evaluate Cisco Unified Computing solution, understand design success criteria, and determine ROI.
Understanding Cisco Unified Computing Solutions2 topics
- Identifying Cisco Unified Computing Solution
- Identifying Server Architecture
Understanding the Cisco Unified Computing System5 topics
- Identifying Cisco Unified Computing System Components
- Identifying Cisco Unified Computing System Management
- Understanding Cisco Unified Computing System Connectivity
- Understanding Unified Computing System High Availability
- Designing the Cisco Unified Computing System
Understanding Cisco Unified Computing System Server Deployment2 topics
- Describing the Cisco Unified Computing System Server Deployment Model
- Designing Cisco Unified Computing System Server Deployment
Understanding Cisco Unified Computing Management2 topics
- Defining the Cisco Unified Computing Solution Management Aspects
- Describing Cisco Unified Computing System Management
Understanding Cisco Unified Computing Network2 topics
- Identifying the Cisco Unified Computing Network
- Designing the Cisco Unified Computing Network
Understanding the Cisco Unified Computing Solution SAN2 topics
- Identifying the Cisco Unified Computing SAN
- Designing the Cisco Unified Computing SAN
Understanding Existing Computing Solutions3 topics
- Understanding Historical Performance Characteristics
- Identifying Data Center Reconnaissance and Analysis Tools
- Determining the Aspects Affecting the Migration Plan
Positioning the Cisco Unified Computing System2 topics
- Identifying Cisco Unified Computing System Deployments
- Describing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Solution Advantages
Understanding Server Virtualization Networking3 topics
- Identifying Server Virtualization
- Cisco Server Virtualization Networking Solution
- Sizing Virtual Machine
Evaluating Cisco Unified Computing Solutions2 topics
- Understanding Design Success Criteria
- Determining the Design ROI
- Lab 2-1: Exploring Cisco Unified Computing System Hardware
- Lab 3-1: Deploying a Server with Cisco Unified Computing System
- Lab 4-1: Implementing Management Hierarchy
- Lab 5-1: Exploring the Cisco Unified Computing Network
- Lab 6-1: Exploring Cisco Unified Computing SAN
- Lab 8-1: Exploring Cisco Unified Computing System Server Deployment
- Lab 9-1: Exploring Server Virtualization Deployment with Cisco Unified Computing System
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
* Valid Cisco CCNA®
* Expertise with Designing a Cisco Nexus switch solution (DCNID recommended)
* Familiarity with designing SAN solutions with Cisco MDS 9000 switches (DCSNS recommended)
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP 3 or 4) - (VSICM or VSFT recommended)
- DCSNS Designing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions DCSNS is a 5-day hands-on workshop that starts with the basics of the MDS 9000 platform and covers everything you’ll need to prepare for the Cisco Storage Networking Design Specialist (CSNDS) certific... code DCSNS onsite only 5 days
- VMware View: Install, Configure and Manage 4-day course covering the installation, configuration and management of the VMware View components. code VMWAREV51 onsite only 4 days
- VMware vSphere 4: Fast Track Intensive 5-day VMware vSphere course for delegates wishing to take the VCP Examination code VS4-FT onsite only 5 days
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.