This 5 day course is designed to provide professionals working with medium to large networks with the skills and knowledge required to incorporate advanced routing concepts when implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. Delegates will be able to dramatically increase the number of routers and sites using these techniques instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added.
This course is intended for Network professionals who want to correctly implement routing based solutions within a given network design, using Cisco IOS services and features, where implementation includes planning, configuring and verification.
The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP curriculum.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and its optimization in enterprise networks.
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Identify, analyze and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses IOS features to control path selection and loop free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide a layer 3 path control that uses IOS features to control the path.
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider
Planning Routing Services to Requirements (3 topics)
- Assessing Complex Enterprise Network Requirements
- Common Maintenance Processes and Procedures
- Lab 1-1 Debrief
Implementing an EIGRP based Solution (9 topics)
- Planning Routing Implementations with EIGRP
- Implementing and Verifying Basic EIGRP for the Enterprise LAN Architecture
- Lab 2-1 Debrief
- Configuring and Verifying EIGRP for the Enterprise WAN Architecture
- Lab 2-2 Debrief
- Implementing and Verifying EIGRP Authentication
- Lab 2-3 Debrief
- Advanced EIGRP Features in an Enterprise Network
- Lab 2-4 Debrief
Implementing a Scalable Multiarea Network OSPF Based Solution (12 topics)
- Planning Routing Implementations with OSPF as Scalable Routing Protocol
- How OSPF Packet Processes Work
- Improving Routing Performance in a Complex Enterprise Network
- Configuring and Verifying OSPF Routing
- Lab 3-1 Debrief
- Lab 3-2 Debrief
- Configuring and Verifying OSPF Route Summarization
- Lab 3-3 Debrief
- Configuring and Verifying OSPF Special Area Types
- Lab 3-4 Debrief
- Configuring and Verifying OSPF Authentication
- Lab 3-5 Debrief
Implement an IPv4-based Redistribution Solution (4 topics)
- Assessing Network Routing Performance and Security Issues
- Operating a Network Using Multiple IP Routing Protocols
- Configuring and verifying Route Redistribution
- Lab 4-1 Debrief
Implementing Path Control (2 topics)
- Assessing Path Control Network Performance Issues
- Lab 5-1 Debrief
Connecting an Enterprise Network to ISP Networks (7 topics)
- Planning the Enterprise-to-ISP Connection
- Consider the Advantages of Using BGP
- Comparing the Functions and Uses of EBGP and IBGP
- Configuring and Verifying Basic BGP Operations
- Lab 6-1 Debrief
- Using the BGP Attributes and Path Selection Process
- Lab 6-2 Debrief
Labs (14 topics)
- Lab 1-1: Assess skills for implementing complex networks
- Lab 2-1: Configure and verify EIGRP operations
- Lab 2-2: Configure and verify EIGRP circuit emulation, and Frame Relay operations
- Lab 2-3: Configure and verify EIGRP Authentication
- Lab 2-4: Implement and Troubleshoot EIGRP operations
- Lab 3-1: Configure and verify OSPF to improve routing performance
- Lab 3-2: Implement and verify OSPF multiarea routing
- Lab 3-3: Configure and verify OSPF route summarization for interarea and external routes
- Lab 3-4: Configure and verify OSPF special area types
- Lab 3-5: Configure and Verify OSPF Authentication
- Lab 4-1: Configure route redistribution between multiple IP routing protocols
- Lab 5-1: Configure and verify Path Control between multiple IP routing protocols
- Lab 6-1: Configure BGP Operations
- Lab 6-2: Manipulate EBGP Path selections
Practical experience in installing, operating and maintaining Cisco routers & switches in an enterprise environment is recommended.
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional
Overview: The CCNP certification (Cisco Certified Network Professional) indicates advanced or journeyman knowledge of networks. With a CCNP, a network professional can install, configure, and
CCIP Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional
Overview: The CCIP (Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional) provides individuals working in service provider organizations with competencies in infrastructure IP networking solutions. CCIP profe
CCDP Cisco Certified Design Professional
CCDP Cisco Certified Design Professional certification
|ROUTE||Virtual Training Centre||5 days||$3,315||07-11||12-16||09-13||11-15|
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Very good overview of technologies new and old.”— Broadcast Engineer, Formula 1
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT