This five-day, instructor-led course provides you with the knowledge and skills to design and deploy messaging solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. This course describes how to gather requirements for a messaging solution and then design the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with the current infrastructure. The course then covers how to plan and deploy the various server roles in Exchange Server 2010. You will explore the various options for implementing messaging security, policies, and compliance. The course also examines the high availability and disaster recovery options and how to develop a troubleshooting plan. Finally, the course describes how to plan the transition from earlier versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2010 and the integration of Exchange Server 2010 with other messaging systems.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Gather the information required to design a messaging system.
- Design the integration of Exchange Server with the current infrastructure.
- Design the deployment of the Mailbox server services in Exchange Server 2010.
- Design the Client Access server deployment.
- Design the Hub Transport server and Edge Transport server deployments.
- Plan and deploy messaging security.
- Plan and deploy a messaging policy and compliance solution.
- Plan a highly available Exchange Server 2010 deployment.
- Plan a disaster recovery solution in Exchange Server 2010.
- Develop a plan for monitoring and troubleshooting the Exchange Server environment.
- Plan and implement a transition from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010.
- Integrate Exchange Server 2010 with other messaging systems and with federated partners
Introduction to Designing an Exchange Server 2010 Deployment (4 topics)
- Gathering Business Requirements
- Identifying Additional Requirements
- Introduction to Service Level Management
- Analyzing the Current Messaging Environment
Designing Exchange Server Integration with the Current Infrastructure (4 topics)
- Designing the Network Infrastructure
- Designing the Active Directory Infrastructure
- Designing the DNS Infrastructure
- Planning Exchange Server Administration
Planning and Deploying Mailbox Services (4 topics)
- Overview of Mailbox Services in Exchange Server 2010
- Designing Mailbox Servers
- Designing Recipient Management
- Designing a Public Folder Architecture
Planning and Deploying Client Access Services in Exchange Server 2010 (4 topics)
- Overview of the Client Access Server Role
- Designing the Client Access Server Deployment
- Designing Client Access
- Designing Client Access Policies
Planning and Deploying Message Transport in Exchange Server 2010 (3 topics)
- Designing Message Routing for Exchange Server 2010
- Designing Hub Transport Servers
- Designing the Message Routing Perimeter
Planning and Deploying Messaging Security (2 topics)
- Design message security
- Design antivirus and anti-spam solutions
Planning and Deploying Messaging Compliance (4 topics)
- Designing Transport Compliance
- Designing AD RMS Integration with Exchange Server 2010
- Designing Message Journaling and Archiving
- Designing Messaging Records Management
Planning and Deploying High Availability (4 topics)
- Introduction to High Availability Planning in Exchange Server 2010
- Designing High Availability for Mailbox Databases
- Designing High Availability for Other Server Roles
- Designing Site Resilience
Planning a Disaster Recovery Solution (3 topics)
- Planning for Disaster Mitigation
- Planning Exchange Server Backup
- Planning Exchange Server Recovery
Planning Exchange Server 2010 Monitoring and Troubleshooting (2 topics)
- Planning Exchange Server Monitoring
- Planning Exchange Server Troubleshooting
Transitioning to Exchange Server 2010 (3 topics)
- Overview of Transitioning to Exchange Server 2010
- Planning the Transition from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010
- Planning the Transition from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Integrating Exchange Server 2010 with Other Messaging Systems (3 topics)
- Designing Exchange Server 2010 Integration with Other Messaging Systems
- Designing Exchange Server 2010 Integration with Federated Partners
- Designing Exchange Server 2010 Integration with Exchange Online